rear suspension knocking wobly and negative camber.

Pleomaxx

hello guys.
i have an annoying knocking sound in the rear i am pretty sure it,s a bush from reading different forums.
BUT i cant figure out witch one since there apparently are lots of different names for the different arms.
any chance someone have a picture of the most common bush on the car en maybie can link to the correct powerflex so i dont order 1 bush and remove the wrong arm :D

IDI AMIN

Usually numbers 20 and 21 for the Vectra B

aecat24.com_opel_images_Opel_J96_M_1.jpg

Number 3 for the Astra G
aecat24.com_opel_images_Opel_T98_M_1.jpg

Pleomaxx

yes im familiar with the b suspension and bushes but the c model have a whole different system in the rear than the b has

Pleomaxx

ah sorry about the car details was a bit fast on the typing :D and thanks for the website i havent been able to find e decent diagram my self i will try change 5-10 to some new powerflex ans se if it helps :D

KevinH

Usually the rear bushes that require replacing first on the Vectra C and Signum are the upper control arm (13) outer bushes, as that's what was causing a similar issue on my mates Vectra C. Vauxhall don't actually list the bushes as a replacement part, so if purchasing from the dealers they will sell you a new arm complete with bushes.

Powerflex make them, but there are two types for the upper control arm outer bush so make sure you get the correct one. It's also prudent to renew all the nuts and bolts as they are 'pinch' bolts.

:)

Pleomaxx

okay i assume the out bush is number 11 on powerflex own diagram they a expensive as F... and i refuse to take of the arm to replace 1 bush so is ot off i will replace both but you say there are 2 types i can only we one at my local stealers website any idea how i will know witch one i need for mine ?
awww_powerflex_co_uk_resize_image_php_9091c68324e738097223853809983573._.jpg

KevinH

It would be wise to renew the bushes on both sides of the car especially if they are performance parts, after all you wouldn't just renew brake pads on one side would you?

The two different outer bushes for the upper control arm that powerflex offer for the Vectra C are:
https://www.powerflex.co.uk/road-series/product-details/Rear+Upper+Arm+Outer+Bush/1974.html
and
https://www.powerflex.co.uk/road-series/product-details/Rear+Upper+Arm+Outer+Bush,+38mm/11100.html

The only way to determine which of these you require is to measure the existing bush (not easy with arm attached).
Edit: It may also depend on which type of rear hub bracket is fitted which is chassis no. dependent.

Also check that this bush is definitely the cause of the issue by jacking up the rear, then ask a friend to hold the rear wheel at 12 and 6 o'clock and to try moving it from top to bottom then side to side while you have look underneath to verify which bush requires replacing.

:)

Last edited:

Pleomaxx

Yea allways both sides i meant there ære 2 bushes in 1 arm and i wont take off the arm to replace One og them so it is 2 bushes Per side i Will See if i han messure it pr Else i May Wait 1 month then i have a week Where i dont need the car so i can take it apart messure and her my parts
I have har nu dad to pull the tire like you desceibed but i couldn't See any movement
But as ive understood its a bearing in the Bush or am i Wrong ?
And those you linked are 2 Very different types and prices