Rattle from camchain side Z22SE

Hi all, Astra 2.2 Bertone Coupé, Z22SE. I have heard the cam chains and tensioners are hard to get hold of now, is this the case?
What sort of cost is replacement chains etc? 101k miles, engine still runs smooth, car does around 1000 miles a year at most, oil kept an eye on and topped up when needed, never has used a lot of oil.

IDI AMIN

Hi all, Astra 2.2 Bertone Coupé, Z22SE. I have heard the cam chains and tensioners are hard to get hold of now, is this the case?
What sort of cost is replacement chains etc? 101k miles, engine still runs smooth, car does around 1000 miles a year at most, oil kept an eye on and topped up when needed, never has used a lot of oil.
The chain sets are still available, You can get them on ebay still.
You want to get genuine GM if possible . NeoBros is a seller that supplies the kits that you need , as well as other sellers, Just type in z22se timing chain kits in the search engine, I was looking myself a few weeks ago.

If you are getting a rattle on the chain side then possibly the chain is stretched or the tensioner is not functioning as it should.

The chain sets are still available, You can get them on ebay still.
You want to get genuine GM if possible . NeoBros is a seller that supplies the kits that you need , as well as other sellers, Just type in z22se timing chain kits in the search engine, I was looking myself a few weeks ago.

If you are getting a rattle on the chain side then possibly the chain is stretched or the tensioner is not functioning as it should.
Thank you for your reply and help 👍

KevinH

The genuine GM part numbers for the Z22SE chain kits are:

TIming Chain Kit - 55570337 (includes the updated oil jet and the latest revision timing chain tensioner)
Balance Chain Kit - 55563405

It is also prudent to purchase a new crankshaft oil seal ring for the oil/water pump cover (90571925) as once the cover is removed they have a tendency to leak if not renewed.

Hope that helps. :)