Problems with traction control switch

Hi all,

I ordered the wiring loom and traction control switch for my Astra coupe 2.2. With the help of the "how to" i installed the wiring loom, but now I have a problem. When I push the button both the TC and ABS signal on the dashboard illuminate :wtf:

Thereby I cannot switch the TC on again by pushing the button. I have to turn off the ignition, and when I put it on again both signals are gone... Anyone an idea what I did wrong? I used pin 31 for the loom wire in the ABS connector.

Cheerz Patrick

dodger

Former Staff
sounds like something hasn't gone back together correctly, worse case is that you might need a TECH2 to diagnose the fault

MikeS

Former Staff
looks as if your have wired it up incorrectly causing the abs/tc ecu to go into limp mode

also all the switch does it send a negative pulse back to the ecu to switch off transaction control

like a light switch creating a circuit

people mess it up trying to get the illumination to work as well

dodger

Former Staff
I found this which might help to check that it is fitted in the correct position

Attachments

• Traction Control Connector.jpg
    Traction Control Connector.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 904

Daz

Former Staff
Iirc there is 2 different locations it can go in. Dependant on wether you have just tc or stability control fitted.

dodger

Former Staff
Daz said:
Iirc there is 2 different locations it can go in. Dependant on wether you have just tc or stability control fitted.

yeah there is:

TC only = Pin 31

TC & ESP = Pin 25

thnx guys!

as far as I know my car only has TC... it is a 2.2 bertone coupe, but next week I will go to the dealer for a tech2 diagnosis just to be sure...

I installed the loom wire in pin 31, but when I am wrong about the TC I should have pin 25. When I am really sure about the TC/ESP thing I will might try pin 25... I keep you informed!

Cheerz

dodger

Former Staff
if your is a 2.2 coupe then you don't have ESP just TC.

IIRC only turbo's have TC and ESP

Mordoklej

Apparently if your car comes with ESP then it should also have a steering angle sensor and.. yaw rate sensor. I was told that the yaw rate sensor should be easily visible under the passenger's seat

solorider

if the car is a 2001 and before then it will only have TC,even if it was a turbo,for 2002 model year on TC with ESP was an option on most models but standard on the turbo