Pre Cat Removal

Gazza

Former Staff
well another 4 hours and still no luck i dont know what they useed on mine but i cant even turn it a bit :evil:

going to have to go to the garage tommrow see if they can do it notsure.gif

how much would a new pipe be ?with out the precat in it ?

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Not sure mate notsure.gif , probably better getting a second hand one. It's going to have to come off anyway. Just ask a local exhaust garage to free it off, then nip straight home and pop it off again and then your on a roll :wink:

Gazza

Former Staff
yea will have to do that hopefully tommrow i will have it sorted notsure.gif

the other thing is i have messed up the tread on one of the 3 bolts that hold it to the manifold can you replace these or is a new manifold ?

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Probably need a new manifold notsure.gif , they should have come off pretty easy. Just try your best or once you have it fitted back up ask the garage to fit it :wink: . Good luck mate

Gazza

Former Staff
it looks to me like just a piece of threaded bar in it.the nut goes on but will not tighten up notsure.gif

the exhaust doesnt sound like its blowing notsure.gif

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Try a new nut, or try one of the others and see if it nips up :wink: . When I did my Pre Cat I was wrestling with my centre section trying to free it rofl.. . I was out of breath and aching :LOL:

Gazza

Former Staff
just took it the garage and they will do it for £30 20.gif

so at around 2.pm i will have no pre cat 20.gif

Gazza

Former Staff
all sorted its off :D

im well happy with it it pops at around 4000 revs it's great.

also seems to have got rid of the flat spot when you change gear and accselerate hard :D

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Ah good man, did it take you long to remove? I had blisters for a few days after removing mine :LOL: . Glad you like it, and it does get rid of the flat spots :D

Mark Dj

Former Staff
:LOL: , you cheat rofl.. . I thought that was just to loosen the pipe off for you. Ah well good job done :p

Gazza

Former Staff
na that was it all in i thought why take my own time when they can do it for £30 :LOL:

LeeSRI

Just finished doing mine and fitting side skirts on.

It has taken me 3 hours to get the bloody thing off and 10min to put iyt all back togther, with a lot of scraches and aches :( but the car is so much beter just need the center pipe now :D

Mark Dj

Former Staff
LeeSRI said:

It has taken me 3 hours to get the bloody thing off and 10min to put iyt all back togther, with a lot of scraches and aches :( but the car is so much beter just need the center pipe now :D

Nice to hear that Lee mate. No more flat spots for you either, nicer sound to the exhaust also :p :D . Good job done!

Gazza

Former Staff
LeeSRI said:

well done mate was going to my own but after 8 hours i couldnt get it apart :oops:

yea im going for the centre section remus one. :D