please help guys. throttle problems

alexander

Ok guys please help. I have a problem with my throttle with my 2001 vectra b SRI 150. I can drive normally up to 25 mph and there after the throttle opens up (and its not just a little bit) its full throttle. It only happens after 25 mph. I can push the clutch and the revs hit the limiter. I think its the throttle positioning sensor. But no codes came up when plugged in. Can anyone tell me if the sensor is combined with the throttle body or is there another possibility. Thank you guys

corsaZ22se

i have a simalar fault with mine only the revs just go up abit when you use the clutch. had the fault for a while when it was in the vectra. didnt do it when driven hard though? took it up to courteney sport and swaped throttle body which helped slightly. no fault codes or anything strange happening on tech2 while driving. any help would be great?

vocky

Staff
sounds like the throttle butterfly is sticking and then going wide open when it frees up, clean the throttle body or replace it

Matt

Administrator
Only thing I've seen on here is people porting / polishing the throttle body, no mention of an uprated one.

alexander

Well guys the problem seems to have sorted its self. After canging the wheels/tires on The back of the car as I had 40's on the back and 50's on the front. So the speed sensor was making the car catch up with that back wheels. Such a simple thing can make the car faulty. Never new that this car had 2 speed sensors. Everydays a learning day. Cheers for the help guys

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
the car should have 4 sensors one on each wheel for the abs this is monitored also by the TC and one is shared for the speedo so i believe

MikeS

Former Staff
yes front nearside wheel hub controls the speedo

if any fault of any kind happens on the front nearside abs sensor it knocks out abs and TC and speedo stops working