Pc to tv?

Mark Dj

Former Staff
What lead do I need to put the pc onto my Lcd tv. My Lcd tv has a pc socket (Blue) and I have a spare blue socket on my Pc from the monitor. Cheers for any info..

Matt

Administrator
No Mark, that had a Male and Female connection. I may have a spare one lying about. If I have, you want to buy it?

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Yes mate. I need no less than 3m long if you have it

Edit:

Matt I have just had a look at my two connections and mine is Male and Female. I have a Two leads coming off my pc monitor, one connected to the rear of the pc and the other a spare that I would think is for the tv?

Matt

Administrator
Any chance you can take a picture of the lead you are talking about? Is this lead going from the PC into the Monitor, and there is also a spare connection hanging off that?

The one I would have lying about will only be a 1m jobby mate :(

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Yes it's this one here I have. I need the lead to go from my kitchen to the living room next door through the wall :). Just had another look at the rear monitor and it's female on my pc and female on my tv. So it looks like I need two male ends to fit pc and tv. You got it right the first time lol 8)

acdn.z22se.com_userpix_3_007_1.jpg

Hareng

You have twin analogue SVGA outputs on pc?
Does the analogue vga lead carry the audio?. In which case an RCA to RCA as well, most graphics cards dont carry the sound whether DVI, HDMI, S Video, etc.
Alternatively if you have an S Video input, VGA/RCA to S Vid better quality if available.

Similar to this pc twin digi tv tuners used as a PVR and multimedia centre. DVI 2nd output to HDMI convertor and HDMI male to HDMI male to tv. No sound need stereo RCA to RCA on tv or amp input.
Pain to set up in the GPU unless i want a dual 17" and 40" screens which is easy, wheres me mouse gone, weird but can be done independantly for playback off hard drive and still use the pc as normal.

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Lol, sounds too tech for me. I have a tv tuner on my Dell system and an s video input

My Spec of the my pc is:

Dell Dimension 9200
Dimension 9200 viiv technology core 2 duo e6600 (2.40ghz, 1066mhz fsb)
Memory upgrade to 2048mb 667mhz (from 1024mb 667mhz)
English documentation Dimension 9200 with english
Power cord
Dimension resource dvd for vista
Memory dual channel 2048mb (4x512) 667mhz ddr2
Media card reader 13 in 1 internal
Hard drive 640 GB (2x320GB) serial ata (7200 rpm)
Dual HDD config. Raid 0 Stripe
DVD+/-RW (read/write) 16x
ROXIO Software for Vista - Creator / MYDVD 9.0
FP/BL - UK/Irish Wide Flat Panel E207WFP 20" (TCO99)
Value (DVI-D) Black
Graphics Card Single 256MB Nvdia GeForce 7900GS
(2xDVI, 1xS-Video) output
Adapter Card IEEE 1394 PCI
Enhanced Integrated Audio Software for VISTA ONLY
TV Tuner Integrated Hybrid (analogue/Digital) PClex1 &
Dell Remote Control
UK/Irish Speakers External Zylux dell A525 Silver/Black
Spks + Subwoofer
Modem Not Included
Mouse Dell Optical (not wireless) USB (2 buttons scroll)
Black
Mouse Pad with Dell Logo
UK/Irish Keyboard Dell Enhanced Multimedia USB
(QWERTY) Black
English Windows Vista Home Premium
English Microsoft Works 8.0 (Word Processor,
Spreadsheet, Outlook Express, Powerpoint Viewer) (With
Recovery CD)
Corel Snapfire Starter Edition
Corel PSP Photo XI- 60 day trial
Dell Support 3.2.2 (Vista)
English Adobe Readerg 7.0.8 (No Recovery CD)
UK Internet Service Provider - Tiscali (w/CD) & Orange
(w/Doc)
English McAfee 8.0 Security Centre 30 Day Trial Version
(No Recovery CD)

Hareng

Just as a matter of interest your graphics card has twin DVI outputs and an S Video output, exactly same as this one except its an XT1950? You will have a DVI to a D Sub adapter for analogue monitor use.
What this means is if your monitor is capable of receiving 720p? it should have an HDMI input, 1080I or what Blue Ray uses 1080P, you can transmit HD with a DVI to HDMI adapter + 3M of male HDMI to Male HDMI. you still need RCA stereo from puter to the RCA input on other monitor. Thats how i can get tv recorded on hard drive via twin digi tuner or DVD playback.

Same cpu as this an E6600 but this is a lot better and quicker all round in spec, this struggles if trying to do something else as well as video playback GPU, CPU 2.55Ghz all day, RAM, FSB all overclocked. Could try overclocking dead easy and bomb proof on these, your weak link is ram and mobo, GPU okish.

Mark Dj

Former Staff
You have me lost lol. What will be the best lead to buy for my pc to tv then? I ordered a male to male svga lead last night, so I think I might have the wrong one now lol

Hareng

Left (white) is DVI output lead to minitor. Blue is analogue to same monitor with a translucent DVI to SVGA adapter (D SUB) Due to 64 bit lack of drivers i have to use the analogue.
Normally the white cable goes in to where the blue adapter is and blue adapter and cable redundant. The terminal on the right is what the blue side looks like when the adapter is unscrewed.
Also the S Video output (round) in the middle. Terratec PCI Express twin digi tuner card underneath with aerial cable going in.
acdn.z22se.com_userpix_930_ANALOGUE_AND_DIGI_OUT1_1.jpg

Shows DVI adapter to analogue SVGA lead to monitor as yours possibly is. Right is the DVI to HDMI adapter black.
acdn.z22se.com_userpix_930_ANALOGUE_AND_HDMI_OUT_1.jpg

Showing a cheap secondhand £5 for5M male HDMI to male HDMI cable with the DVI adapter.
If your tv has a female input looking similar to what this male HDMI connector fits in to, this is the way to go and what they at the present time call future proof. Could be on the side or on the back.
acdn.z22se.com_userpix_930_HDMI_male_to_HDMI_male_with_HDMI_to_DVI_adapter_1.jpg

The above method will dish out 1080P high definition but could do with better cable, quality depreciates with distance and i aint forking out over £120 for 6M. Also require sound as the graphics card does not handle sound- stereo from where the lower green cable goes in, 5.1 possible onboard. The upper green is MP3 playback without powering up puter.

So what connectors you got on tv/monitor?
SVIDEO
SCART(S)

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Here is the rear of my pc and the rear of my tv. The lead going from my pc monitor is white, straight to my rear pc port. The other white lead is my tv arial

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_003.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_005_1.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_010_1.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_013.jpg

Hareng

TV has two HDMI inputs on the rear and one on the side, voilla.

For best performance you will have to do what i have done.
Male to male HDMI 3m cable. Ebay theres some cheap uns.
DVI female to Female HDMI What ive got cheap and nasty http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Professional-HDMI ... dZViewItem
Some means of transmitting the audio- 3M cable forget what the type of connector needed is on pc with 2 RCA stereo plugs to tv. About £2 if you diy.