newbie 04 zafira sri advice

have a 04 plate zafira 2.2 sri with 44k on clock

it has developed a whining noise from front right around 50mph had it up on axle stands and there is no play top to bottom or side to side was thinking it could br=e a wheel bearing gone ....could this still be the case or poss drive shaft or something else

also if try and give it some from the off or take a sharpish corner quite quick the engine almost dies but no dash lights come on then it comes back to life ...any ideas what this could be??

Thnax in advance

astra22bertoneauto

04 plate with 44k? That is low mileage!

Whining im guessing is where its not been used that much over the years so you may find if you use the car more the whining will disappear. Possibles are wheel bearings, driveshafts, gearbox etc.

As for the other issue; it probably needs a few good runs to clear the crap buildup in the engine. Again im guessing this car was probably used for round the town journeys etc. Maybe it didnt even hit 60mph before you had it :D

Give the car a good service/oil change and do some motorway miles and that will help.

OH and welcome to the site (y)

tiz low i admit.... got it at 39k in feb all paper work ties up with mileage too :D i'll post some pics when weather permits a good wash & wax :LOL:

the more use it gets the better its getting now tbh. its just the noise around 50, nothing before and after its def from right front so guessing (hoping) not g box

the only other thing got to get sorted now is wipers sometimes hit each other...thinking it may be cheap blades as they only do it when not that wet on screen oh yeah and the back 1 misses half the screen too :wtf:

gonna get panel filter and de restrict air box maybe that egr cheater and blanking plate (if i can find it :LOL: :LOL: ) prob back box and remove pre cat at some stage as well

cheers..

Pompeyfaith

the blades were hitting too on my picasso turned out to be bent wiper arms under the scuttle panel that fit on the motor, just a push down on them sorted it so check there as well

Timbo

How much meat is there on your front pads? Could be the audible wear indicator, mine whines a bit sometimes on the rear ones.