new veccy b owner.

Evening all.
Been out of the vauxhall scene for a while after swapping my micro squirtd x20xev turbo'd astra (never again will i do that) for a scubby which turned out to be a bloody write off (unrecorded).
So while looking through some used car adds I come across a very tidy looking 2001 sri 150.
So today I picked it up and after 3hrs, 2 punctures, and a scary 15mile drive down the m4 in fog I finally get it home.
Burt150 ull be pleased to hear that your baby has found a good home. Just needs some new boots and a little bit of fiddling and hopefuly it will be around for another year. Hopefuly I can contact you at some point so I can find out a little bit more about what magic youve worked and maybe how to improve on it.
Eddie

BURT150

Welcome ;)

It's good to here its going to a good home and hope you have fun fettling.

If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

MikeS

Former Staff
well no as unrecorded means the insurer was not covered by his insurance in the event of a claim i.e only 3rd party however the insurance might still have a record of the accident / claim as a result of 3rd party damage

either way a HPI check would flag something up and reduce value of the car

if you referring to something more sinister then I cannot advice

IDI AMIN

well no as unrecorded means the insurer was not covered by his insurance in the event of a claim i.e only 3rd party however the insurance might still have a record of the accident / claim as a result of 3rd party damage

either way a HPI check would flag something up and reduce value of the car

if you referring to something more sinister then I cannot advice
I just wondered why it was so hard to sell a write off if it has been repaired to a good quality standard.I have painted many cars for different garages including my previous work place that have been write offs and as far as i know they have no problems selling them on again.It seems to be a good market for some people.You can sometimes get a nice car this way at less than usual price There are many auctions all over the u.k. that cater for this, Selling accident damaged vehicles. Being a write off doesn't necessarily make a car bad it just means that the insurance company decided the cost of the repair of the damaged vehicle exceeds 60% of the market value of vehicle so it is often cheaper for insurer to pay the market value at time of accident rather than the cost of a repair.I was just surprised that the guy could not sell his car on again

MikeS

Former Staff
i sold my old vectra b o2 2.2 sri for 1300 3 years ag, it was in mint condition with everything replaced or serviced

was a cat C, only had front wing, headlight, suspension arm, grill damage

with Vauxhalls if the front bumper is damaged an OE bumper new is like 500 - 600 quid then you have another 500 quid to prep and spray

car is worth like £2k then you understand why it is so easy to write off

IDI AMIN

i sold my old vectra b o2 2.2 sri for 1300 3 years ag, it was in mint condition with everything replaced or serviced

was a cat C, only had front wing, headlight, suspension arm, grill damage

with Vauxhalls if the front bumper is damaged an OE bumper new is like 500 - 600 quid then you have another 500 quid to prep and spray

car is worth like £2k then you understand why it is so easy to write off
I know what you mean someone i worked with a long time ago had a jag written off cause the bumper was damaged on his car cost 2 grand to replace it and this was a good 15 years ago i'm talking .Prices for some parts are crazy

Welcome ;)

It's good to here its going to a good home and hope you have fun fettling.

If you have any questions feel free to pm me.
Hi sorry to bother u...I too have just joined this site n I too have recently brought my 1st vectra sri..its a 2.2 n a nice car all in all.
Its just I am a bit concerned after reading posts, bcuz mine has a short rattle upon engine start....does this mean I have to get my timing chain renewed...I wud appreciate ur help as im not a mechanic n not sure wot I shud do..thanku