new graphics card

Matt

Administrator
They just had PCIE and AGP all on the same shelf, and I just picked one up, and went and paid for it. Didn't really think to check.

Andy

yeah it is a bit confusing.

was like that when i bought mine, i was looking at agp cards without realising. luckily i had my brother with me who pointed me in the right direction.

Matt

Administrator
They also did the same with the HardDrive as well, they had SATA and PATA all in the same display box. I needed PATA....guess which I ended up buying?

Matt

Administrator
Certainly did, luckily I checked this one as soon as I got in the car though. The graphics card I ended up driving all the way home first :(

Matt

Administrator
Yep, they really are. I managed to exchange a 6 month old external harddrive which just stopped working.....without a receipt! (I did buy it from there though)

Andy

i bought my pc from there back in march, i asked the salesman loads of questions but he couldn't answer any of them and they weren't difficult ones lol.

Matt

Administrator
I'm using hmonitor : http://www.hmonitor.com/

You can download and install it for free, but it will only run for 10 mins, and you get 1 week to purchase it. I bought it yesterday, cost £17, but it's worth it, as it's one of the best ones out there

2_hmonitor_1.jpg

Last edited:

Matt

Administrator
Have a look on their website, as it shows all the compatible mobo's etc. I did also use mbm5 (motherboardmonitor) and you had to select the correct mobo when settingit up. Have a look at that one

Andy

whats the ideal temp for a graphic card??

mine is currently at 52 deg despite having a fan fitted to it.

Daz

Former Staff
Well that was an eventful experiance....d/l and install that monitor thing...clicked on setting and my pc shut off... notsure.gif

Mental note to self...dont use again..

Matt

Administrator
Thats not good Daz, how old is your PC? The one I'm running it on is 3 years old, and can't see why it would shut the PC off. Did you get the Blue Screen or anything?

Daz

Former Staff
Not when it turned off....after i rebooted it did tho...then rebooted again and its fine...

Pc is 3yrs old ish..