New custom airbox to TB pipe work

mark sri

ai83.photobucket.com_albums_j291_astra3_Mobile_20Uploads_bth_20131030_224023_zpsbad3a62e.jpg

well after getting the last of the part's I needed for the pipe's and rad cover I fitted them at the weekend

ai83.photobucket.com_albums_j291_astra3_Mobile_20Uploads_bth_20130530_214103_zps8f7fa840.jpg

ai83.photobucket.com_albums_j291_astra3_Mobile_20Uploads_bth_20131103_131543_zpsa9b22274.jpg

the chrome pipe is 76mm so I had to get a 76-70mm 45* pipe and a 76-70mm 90*

ai83.photobucket.com_albums_j291_astra3_Mobile_20Uploads_bth_20131103_131532_zpsc09af3e0.jpg

went for a drive up the m6 not always easy when you live by all the roadwork's :cautious: but I did and it now pull's a lot better
with no flat spot :)

z22.cariad

View attachment 42467

well after getting the last of the part's I needed for the pipe's and rad cover I fitted them at the weekend

View attachment 42468

View attachment 42469

the chrome pipe is 76mm so I had to get a 76-70mm 45* pipe and a 76-70mm 90*

View attachment 42470

went for a drive up the m6 not always easy when you live by all the roadwork's :cautious: but I did and it now pull's a lot better
with no flat spot :)

Nice IM looking at doing summin similar. What did yiu use for oil breather
I take I
it 70mm is the size of the standarn tb and airbox

Last edited by a moderator:

z22.cariad

Ive chopped up the standard air intake chopping off the 2 bubbles and then sealing the holes s o its just luke a straight pipe now. Need to do intake to box next. Airbox has been stripped oh and a filter is needed too. I have noticed a lil difference already.

mark sri

The chrome pipe has a small pipe on it for the oil breather so its all still the same has it was with the original pipe

It feels alot better when I'm driving but it still sounds the same I need to fix the letter box one of the pipe's move and you can hear it when its running :(

steve2761

as per fb and vvoc,like it.i had an issue with bonnet clearance on mine so built up a homemade wooden vice to flatten the alu pipe a touch.

Have you made the pipe on your own or is it possible to order like this somewhere?

If you made it on your own, can you tell me how to do exactly?

steve2761

70MM internal diameter silicone joints.
one at 45degree,other at 90degree.

length of alu piping 70MM diameter,about 300MM in length,trim all to fit.
ebay is your friend for parts.

steve2761

on mine i drilled a hole on the 45degree silicone,its a rubber grommet on the IAT sensor so just pushes in.
i have fiited a catch tank and done the FPR mod so no need to modify inlet any further.
working on a reply regarding your email blacksheep.lol.

For what you need a catch tank? Does it also work without?

OK, waiting for your reply ;)

Edit: Now I see for what the catch tank.

Last edited:

mark sri

Which air filter box have you used for the modification.
I just had a look at mine and doesn´t look like a 70mm diameter will fit ;)

Mines the standed vectra air box your best off taking the pipe off and measure them cos I think the box on the astra is different and i didn't fit a catch tank it's still the same setup
apart from the fpr pipe

Last edited:
OK, just had a look in the internet.
Looks like the air box is really different.

Does anybody know if the air box of the Vetra B fits in my Astra? Is it useful to make a modification like this if just a performance manifold , an exhaust system and a modified map is in the Z22SE?

MikeS

Former Staff
I actually think the Astra g Pipework is bigger than the Vectra b

dont hold me to it though

BTW the rad cover makes a nice sublte mod, something i regret not doing when I had my Saloon

Problem is that the airbox has an oval outlet at the Astra G box, is it at the vectra the same one?
Anybody already tried the z16let?

Last edited: