Need your timing chain replaced? Get it done cheaper..

vectra2k9

leeblade said:
any body in gateshead area someone who will come to me not sure what's happened to mine was running fine one day then the next day tried to start the engine was just spinning I've taken the rocker off chain is not snapped but 9 valve rocker arms are snapped and one valve spring was loose can anybody help like Benny or Daz

sounds like you need a head re build mate

benny

Trader
just a little foot note to this post ....im back doing replacement of the kits (vx have now got stock of the new style kit) so if your looking to get it done drop me a pm (or daz if im not around)..you can check my feed back in this post ......just to add if people dont know im fully vx trained and im also the cheapest you will find anywhere .... cheers benny

benny

Trader
Daz said:
i can also do the chains, but cant beat bennys prices....

sorry mate forgot you did them still .......there have been a few pretenders to our thrown lately .... cheers..

ive eddited my last post .... (y)

shawy

My 54 plate Signum with the Z22YH engine has started with the dreaded rattling noise, is there anyone in the North West that you

can recommend to change the chain for me, and an rough estimate of the complete cost including all the parts. Cheers.

Sean22yh

Is there anyone in the midlands on here that could replace my chains, It's an 04 2.2 direct sri.I was going to have a bash myself but I'm not confident I could do it.

Matt

Administrator
Sean22yh said:
Is there anyone in the midlands on here that could replace my chains, It's an 04 2.2 direct sri.I was going to have a bash myself but I'm not confident I could do it.
Benny is in the midlands.

Sean22yh

I've been over to see benny today to get my cam chain done.Good job I did the tensioner had failed and I'd jumped a couple of teeth.I couldn't believe the difference on the way home it was a lot smoother and got up to 30 mpg, It only took just over 2 hours,he was very informative and certainly knows his way round a vauxhall engine, cheers..

tommobot

Sean22yh said:
he was very informative and certainly knows his way round a vauxhall engine, cheers..

Ditto.

He just did the 2.2 on my VX220.

Very pleased with the work, and cheaper than I could get it done anywhere else. And learnt a bit aswell.

Excellent :cool:

vecky 2.2

hey i have a 2.2 vecky timing chain is on way out vx quoted me 600 bumped :problem: i understand the chain has been changed at 79000 its got 108000.. now do they come with a gurentee cuz it coudnt of had the new jets otherwise i woudnt have this problem now am i rite .. cheers the vecky man :|

cavaddict

Wow only 29k on a chain...i'd be banging their door down!!! You'd be better off changing it yourself and using the Saab tensioner if they dont come through. Sometimes i just hate Vauxhall!! They clearly know there is a problem with this setup, but, very rarely do the right thing. Good luck matey.

vecky 2.2

cavaddict said:
Wow only 29k on a chain...i'd be banging their door down!!! You'd be better off changing it yourself and using the Saab tensioner if they dont come through. Sometimes i just hate Vauxhall!! They clearly know there is a problem with this setup, but, very rarely do the right thing. Good luck matey.
yeah aint they some jokers cant beleive it mate it shows clearly on the vx invoice cam chain replacement and all the other bits to go with it in 2006 total cost 1500 ..thats wot made me :D when i bought the car ..am waiting on the manerger to call 2moz so he could make a decision fingers crossed .. :confused:

monky69

Had my vectra done on the 11th by Benny top man could ask him anything very quick within three hours .knows his way around the engine like the back of his hand. Can’t recommend him enough. Sorry a bit late with reply Benny as i put it on the wrong thread. And nice cup of tea as well

delta4

just had my chain done by benny. absolute top guy. cant recommend him enough. done within 2 and a bit hours. any questions i wanted answered he knew.

1 QUESTION YOU SHOULD ASK YOURSELF. WHY GO ANYWHERE ELSE APART FROM TO BENNY

cheers mate

Emeth

After my 1st job with Benny I started to have chain rattles on cold morning starts for few seconds so I had to return to the master of Cam Chains again 6 months later. The tensioner that he installed with the kit was faulty from the start and had to be replaced. As it stands Vauxhall had many problems with these and so this was nothing new. The good thing is since November 2010 they brought in new, modified version and I took the opportunity to see Benny in his filthy pyjamas again. The job was done plus few other issues got sorted alone the way. I was happy to see it all taken care of. When I asked him how much did I owe him his answer was nothing. I was shocked. After all he just spent last 2 hours putting in brand new chain kit and it wasn't his fault that that tensioner was allergic to oil from the very start. So I'm still blown away that in times when most would take every opportunity to cash in he chose to compensate for those months of stressful driving in this way. I know you still fart too much and therefore should avoid eating at work, for gassing others without their consent is a punishable offence. Besides that. Thanks you mate from the bottom of my bladder. :angel:

brikhead

benny said:
...im back doing replacement of the kits (vx have now got stock of the new style kit) so if your looking to get it done drop me a pm (or daz if im not around)..you can check my feed back in this post ......just to add if people dont know im fully vx trained and im also the cheapest you will find anywhere .... cheers benny

I joined this site to make use of Benny's services after a friends '56' plate Signum started to rattle from the timing chain area, despite only having covered 30,000 miles - not the cars/Vauxhalls fault as he's owned it for nearly four years and only ever had it serviced once, last November... or may-be not, judging by the state of the '3 month old' oil filter I watched Benny pull out of this car...
After contacting Benny via p.m. we were 'booked in' for a date 2 weeks later.
We arrived at Benny's place in Wolverhampton around 09:30 and the job was completed by 11:30, just 2 hours later.
Benny's standard of work is first class, despite him having been trained by Vx!
He is more than happy to have you around whilst he works on your car, even going out of his way to explain exactly what he is doing at every stage of the job.
My Friend had had a few quotes, ranging from the Vauxhall dealer down to back street garages and Benny was cheaper than all of them, he was over a £1,000 cheaper than Vx.

I'm also pleased to report that my experience at Benny's was mostly a flatulence free affair.

Emeth

I'm also pleased to report that my experience at Benny's was mostly a flatulence free affair.

:LOL: Just remember to remain on constant alert, watch your proximity as your overwhelming desire to observe the work in progress may result in exposure to sulphur based, airborne elements without prior warning. When break time arrives talk him out of eating anything that contains baked beans, boiled eggs, and onions.

Keep up the good work Benny!

FAO Benny

Hi Benny,

Having problems with my private messages so not knowing if they have sent or not!

26th Feb is good for me, what time would you need me to be there?

Thanks
Matt