Z22SE Nasty sound coming from engine

kevin heath

Can anyone help two horid noises from engine at the front of the engine sounds like a clicking noise and driver's side sounds like a slight rattle and its gets worse the more the temp goes up wil try put a short vid up asoon I can.. I'm getting worried now

Dave Gilbert

Sounds abit chuggy. Videos are a b*****d for sounds my engine sounds rattley on videos but it isnt.

To help diagnose if its internal or external, get the belt off the alternator n start the car up.

If the noise goes away its either the alternator or tensioner, if its still there its internal so best to do both chains. Hope that helps n hope the noise goes away with the belt off.

kevin heath

It does idle very very lumpy ever since I had just the timing chain replaced about 5 month ago I'm wondering if it was done correctly.. But I will try what u have suggested if not i think I will get both chains done by someone that knows what they are doing with these engines.. Thanks again for the help

kevin heath

I'm going drop him a message tomoz harleypete to get a price of him in case it isn't the alternator cus it does sound bad thanks mate