My Tuning/Modding so far

Mahonski

Hi, i'm fairly new to the forum, have put a pic up in the intro section or my motor but i reckon a better pic is soon called for.

As it stands my Astra has the following: De-Restricted Air Box, Vec C Intake, K&N Panel Filter, Cobra 5x3 Slash Oval Cat Back System (love the sound of this thing), 40mm Springs and SRI-T Alloys in Anthracite-ish.

Future mods i'm looking to do are: Polished Throttle Body, Toyo Down Pipe but with a 200 Cell Stainless Cat Welded into it, Fast Road or Re-Profiled Cams and to bring it all together a Re-Map.

I also hope to get hold of a bigger Air Box to Throttle Body Air Pipe but have no idea where to get one or how to make one as my metal working abilities are limited :D

If anyone has any ideas on what i've listed or should think about listing i am open to suggestions. Cheers folkes.

Mahonski

Just to add to that, i was also thinking about the Balance Shaft removal/Mod but dont know anywhere that would tackle the job. Also not sure what the downsides are to it. Cheers.

Mahonski

Then the balance delete aint happenin. Stage 1 Comp Cams you say. Any particular ones, i.e. piper,kent etc.

Would these still make the car drivable in normal day to day life? I hear some cams can leave the car a bit lumpy when ticking over. cheers..

dedko

I've Stage 1 Comp cams in my Astra and yeah it is lumpy on idle. It's not too bad... takes quite a lot of getting used to. But, it depends on your journey. Being stuck in traffic for hours with a lumpy idle isn't fun. Other than that, these cams are very drivable (in fact I went from stage 2 to 1 cos the stage 2 cams didn't really come on until later on in the revs).