my chain has snapped, cheap repairer needed please

mciarlo

hi my chain snapped on me yesterday, well thats what i guess because the car just cut out and now there is no compression!

so does anyone no where a can get it fixed that is not going to be really expensive and near newcastle

thanks MARK

taxi ken

a lad in dudley done both my chains for me. he's just off sandy lane on wheatslade industrial est behind alpha recovery.
his name is mick glennie and his no is 0191 2500114
he's a good mechanic and wont rip you off give him a try.
i supplied both kits and he fitted them for £150.

mciarlo

thanks for that taxi ken, i will keep the number in case i need it. i dropped the car off at a garage today and he going to let me no what the damage is....
how much did u pay for the kits, and where did u get them from? if u dont mind me asking :D

taxi ken

i got the timing chain kit off ebay a seller called vauxhallpartswarehouse for £90 and the balance chain kit was £140 from swarland motor parts but that was with discount as iam in the trade.
good luck!

mciarlo

well was on the phone to garage this morning and he quoted me just shy of a grand! :eek: parts and labour, said have to get pressure test n head skimmed blah blah blah. so dont really no what to do or if it will be worth spending that sort of money on it! been looking at full engines but they all seem to be really expensive on ebay aswell