My Brothers laptop (Broke maybe)

Mark Dj

Former Staff
My brothers new laptop he has only had for a short while has stopped working. He ain't that clued up on stuff like this. It's an HP Pavilion G series (6). I have it at home, it's not firing up like it should, it's very slow when going into windows. I went into it in Safe Mode, but things are still running slow. It's never had a restore point done to it yet, so I can't go back to an earlier time. It's running Windows 7. What do you think I should try next? When I went into it the normal way it just stopped on a blank screen, all I could see was the mouse.

MikeS

Former Staff
should have recovery partition

maybe press f12 for boot options and it should have system repair

sounds like a virus or hard drive fault

try restoring using system image if it gives option

so...
system repair / restore using image

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Cheers Mike. I think my brother has been on the naughty web sites from the sounds of things from my other brother lol :roll: . I will try some of those now (y)

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Well it's had a full install from fresh, just sorting out some other stuff on it now. It still seems to be running slow notsure.gif . But it's working :razz:

astra22bertoneauto

Does the startup/windows sounds stutter?

Ive seen a few laptops where the cache memory fails on the hard drives which causes the laptop to run slow. This wont throw up any error messages either. If you have reinstalled the recovery partition like Mike said and its still running slow then take it back to where you purchased it from (if its still under warranty) (y)

Mark Dj

Former Staff
I will see how it goes tonight, the girlfriend did the re install. I was too busy on Call of Duty :LOL: . Cheers

rushy

I've just bought a Windows 7 laptop just for handling emails at work, this thing is terribly slow, it can take a full 5 mins to open an email, open an attachment and print it off, and if its doing any sort of update or scan then it just freezes. Wish I stuck with the XP lappy.

Mark Dj

Former Staff
I am doing a second re install on this laptop again now, it's just too slow. I will try and download that programme Mike when this laptop is running a bit better. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt

Administrator
rushy said:
I've just bought a Windows 7 laptop just for handling emails at work, this thing is terribly slow, it can take a full 5 mins to open an email, open an attachment and print it off, and if its doing any sort of update or scan then it just freezes. Wish I stuck with the XP lappy.
or stick Ubuntu on it if you are just using it for e-mails.