MAYO on the dip stick

PENGOO

well service on time and oil top up every two weeks ..

went to check today and found mayo on the end of the dip stick .. now the car was not warm , and no signs on the oil cap or any thing in the header tank .. so I hope not head gasket ....

a little smoke on revs but gone when warm .... is it just the oil being cold .. or something to look into ..

Daz86

As long as it's not loosing coolant I wouldn't worry . I get a Little bit of crud on my dipstick but I only do very short trips

PENGOO

True ,, yea nothing leaking and dripping so I may just be over thinking it .. just strange the mayo was on the bottom of the dip stick ,unless the oil was low ..

gsi2000

Best just to keep an eye on it during top ups. if more starts appearing then look into it further. if water level isnt dropping and theres no oil in water tank then i wouldnt worry too much.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
very unlikely to be the head gasket unless the engine has been past 100c

the water pump would leck out the back of the block to but if it is it could show the seals in the pump are passing

and to say at this time of year the yellow snot is every where stop start hot cold short journeys

the runabout was full lol but the oil was old and low the car only does 14mile a day
IMG-20160306-WA0006.jpg

Daz86

I only do 4 miles a day to and from work but regular services.
That s**te in your pic Evo just shows a noglected engine start it drive it dont care about it as long as it starts :( not the right way to go (n)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
I only do 4 miles a day to and from work but regular services.
That s**te in your pic Evo just shows a noglected engine start it drive it dont care about it as long as it starts :( not the right way to go (n)
its in better nic than you think :) and its seen the best side of 270hp
its had chains,waterpump it has oil and filter every 3 months so neglected is not the word i would use (y)
the snot is a problem but the pcv could be blocked and i dont want to take the inlet off to change it just yet

HarleyPete

Would have to say that Carl is the last person I would ever say neglects his car. I've seen this car and it's amazing (albeit without an engine at the time as he was building it but the rest was immaculate).

Daz86

its in better nic than you think :) and its seen the best side of 270hp
its had chains,waterpump it has oil and filter every 3 months so neglected is not the word i would use (y)
the snot is a problem but the pcv could be blocked and i dont want to take the inlet off to change it just yet

Didn't relize it was one of yours mate :dead: