massive oil leak!!

bass84

Hey guys. Well as some know I just goty cam chain done on my astra z22se. all was sorted. Been driving the past few days with no problem.

I've just drove 60 miles to see ma kiddies n I have a massive oil leak on the cam Chaim side. Its even sprayed onto my rim somehow :( I've looked a bit but as I have no tools I can't see where its coming from. Any ideas where I could be to get sprayed on the rim? Its on the belts too.

There is defo no leak at the top round the rocker cover! Its under the engine mount somewhere. It doesn't leak when still either.only the drips that came out from driving

All seals were changed. I can't get to look till Sunday. If I get back that is. Need to refill my oil I thin

NeHo

When mine leaked on that side it was the crank shaft seal, which wrecked the alternator belt as the oil was leaking on to it

Matt

Administrator
Crank Shaft seal seems to be a pretty common place for these engines to start leaking oil from

NeHo

And if the other side is wet with oil then it's probably the rear crank shaft seal which is a gearbox out job. I think I'll leave mine til it needs a clutch lol