Lowering springs

diddles

hi, im having trouble finding the right lowerings springs. i have a vectra 2.2 sri 150 with 18" wheels, i want to drop in 40mm but not sure if it will scrub? Also i cant find any sites to buy them from. Would be a big help if sumone can put up a link to the right ones? i dont really wanna spend over £120. thanks

diddles

what would be the best amount of drop? bearing in mind its 20mm lower as standard being an sri?

Attachments

• IMG_1415.JPG
    IMG_1415.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 560

MikeS

Former Staff
the vectra sri has an already lowered suspension to standard

so inessnece u drop it another 40 mm then you dropping it like 70 mm to standard veccys

just drop it 20 - 30 mm m8 but with 18's u looking for trouble :)

rod1-sri

I agree with mike.

But i think your main issue will be the amount of travel you will have on standard dampers. Hit a bump hard enough and the wheels will travel right up into the arches without stiffer dampers to limit the travel.

I had that problem with my old corsa GSi and that was lowered 40mm on spring with 15's on.

... Coilovers all the way (y)

MikeS

Former Staff
yeh i dropped a nova gte 60mm and it was bottoming out against the inside of the arches :p

i bought some better springs, think they were koni's that dropped the front 40 mm and left the back at 60 mm with some race shocks

SHAUN_IRE

It might be 20mm lower than standard being an sri but thats in the springs not the shocks, so if your changing your springs its gonna be whatever is written on the box (y) not 40mm+20mm

I've spax lowering springs in mine (demon tweeks) and it works ok for the amount of use it gets but I think with springs you get what you pay for. If my car was worth anymore I'd have eibach pro's without a shadow of doubt but its only a run around. Had eibachs in a couple of cars and all I can say is save your money a bit longer and get them, theyre worth every extra penny 8)

rod1-sri

well really if the sri is already 20mm lower than a regular vectra then with 40mm lower springs that would only mean a drop of 20mm lower than what your at now, doesn't it?