Lights on dash

Mark Dj

Former Staff
I had two lights come on my dash tonight when I was out for a little spin. I had my traction light and car with spanner light stop on. It happened when I hit the Sports button, I then noticed those lights on the dash, so I hit the Sports button again to turn it off. The car with spanner on went off as I did that, but the traction light stopped on. I parked up switched the car off and started it up again and all was ok. I noticed yesterday when I was cleaning the car when I started it up to turn it around the revs went slightly high all on its own for no reason then back down again. Was like the rev counter jumped up and back down again. I wonder whats going on, I feel like something will go wrong soon ie sensor or something. It's only done this since having the new exhaust fitted, but it might have nothing to do with the exhaust dunno..

robo22sri

mark do the pedal test!

put your feet on the brake and accelerator and turn the key to position 2 and a ecn code will come up on the mileage taco

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Yes, the code it gave me said it's to do with the MAF sensor. I can get a new MAF sensor for £118

Matt

Administrator
robo22sri said:
your maf sensor?!?!?!?

from the fault code?
P0100 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Malfunction

I can try and get you a price from my contact at VX for one Mark?

Mark Dj

Former Staff
If you would Matt. I think I will get an air filter and spark plugs at the same time.

Matt

Administrator
Do you have means to clear the code Mark to see if it's just a stored none present fault?

robo22sri

why is your emission light flashing???

does yours flash Matt?

MAF sensors hardly ever go wrong as vaux use the hot wire one :wtf:

Matt

Administrator
Mine doesn't when I normally start the ignition, I've not done the pedal test, as I've got a fault code reader