Lack of low-down power, uneven tickover

Daz

Former Staff
If u wanna pop over john i'll swap my pack onto ures..

vocky

Staff
I've got a new spare tucked away in my garage, just in case :oops:

along with a couple of throttle body's
inlet manifolds
exhaust manifolds
sensors
etc

:LOL:

JohnnyN

Former Staff
I'll keep this in mind chaps. I know already that if it still misfires i'll be doubting the new coil pack so I might just be coming back over the bridge or sending a courier to Mr. Vocky to pick up a new coil pack.

Daz

Former Staff
Vid of the engine bay sound like u have dropped the down pipe off and its loud as fook and sounds ruff as

JohnnyN

Former Staff
Thanks mate, i'll just pop out to the garage and get the noose ready for myself later.

cryb..

Daz

Former Staff
Behave john...lol.....it def dont sound that bad in person i can assure you....

JohnnyN

Former Staff
TBH, i've just listened to it again and it sounds like a fekkin Massey Ferguson Tractor on the video.

vocky

Staff
it sounded like you was under a metal roof and the rain was pounding down notsure.gif

the engine sounded fine, a slight hiccup every now and then, possibly fuel/ injector or maybe coil pack.

nothing either of my engines hasn't done dunno..

what's the problem, is it mis-firing under load notsure.gif

Hareng

Process of elimination Johnny, great if you can try before you buy. Wish i knew someone round here, i could swap parts with.
Was thinking have you got any oil in that engine :)

Now my tickover problem resurfaced again this afternoon twice in the space of two mins. Dvd turned down asap, car shaking, undecided whether it was missing but sounded like it was firing on three- Whilst it was running like this approx 600 625 rpm, blipped the throttle and built up revs as normal. Moved along in traffic same again, rough running- Blipped the throttle again, normal built up speed ok, so held it around 2000rpm for about 10secs then settled and ticked over 950rpm region which it did do a couple of years ago. Last couple of years it ticks over around 700rpm sometimes with a blip of +/-50rpm.

What you reckon fuelling or electrical?

JohnnyN

Former Staff
vocky said:
it sounded like you was under a metal roof and the rain was pounding down notsure.gif

the engine sounded fine, a slight hiccup every now and then, possibly fuel/ injector or maybe coil pack.

nothing either of my engines hasn't done dunno..

what's the problem, is it mis-firing under load notsure.gif

The sound on that isn't very good is it. I have got a whole 5 ltrs of oil in there because I changed that on Tuesday. ;-)

There is no misfire under load and it pulls well right thru' the rev range up and over 6000 rpm. It doesn't hesitate in anyway whilst driving.

JohnnyN

Former Staff
Tonight I removed the cam cover and checked the sprocket alignment and that seems okay. There doesn't appear to be any play in the chain. I got my new EGR Blanking Plate from Vauxhall and fitted that and the engine still runs the same. Still no coil pack to try yet! Hope it arrives tomorrow.

When you run the car with the EGR Valve mounted away from its normal position, should there be anything going on with the valve like it opening and closing??

notsure.gif

vocky

Staff
the valve only works when the ecu decides it's the correct moment, so you probably won't see it move :roll:

so is it only the slight hiccup every now and again notsure.gif

JohnnyN

Former Staff
It lasts for a few seconds then is okay for a few seconds then blippy again and so on. When I say a few seconds I mean about 5-10 seconds.