JamesJohn - Vectra 2.2 CD update

jamesjohn

Hello, inspired by this forum, I have embarked on modifying my X reg ( 2000) Vectra 2.2 .

These are what I completed till now,

1. Induction kit
2. Remus centre section
3. Cobra performance back box
( the car sounds awesome......pop.......pop..., increase in power and better handling as well )
4. brand new, 5 spoke 18inch alloy wheels

These are what I intend to do over the following week.

1. body kit ( both front and rear bumper and side skirts )
2. a new grill without the badge
3. angel eyes headlight...

I should really thank every one on here for all the advise. I am a novice and I do not know anything about cars. All the members have been very kind and helpful..... Thanks to Andy for introducing me to this website, Benny for fixing my timing chain , JohnnyN and Vocky for all the propmt replies to my messages !!!!!

I shall post pics and video's as soon as I am done with all the modifications...

cheers

JamesJohn ( oh...this is just my screen name, the real name is 'Prasanna')

jamesjohn

I am getting quote from different body shops to paint and fit the front and rear bumpers, side skirts and the spoiler.

I should say, they are no where near, I was hoping it to be.

How much should it cost on an average for painting and fitting of the above, I just want to make sure, I dont over pay.

thanks...

JohnnyN

Former Staff
I paid £200 fit and paint front bumper. £150 fit and paint lower rear valance and paint rear bumper. Any good paintwork is going to cost you.

:?

Matt

Administrator
One thing you need to always do when going to a body shop, is ask to see previous work. Don't just settle for pictures either, a decent shop should always have work ongoing, so ask to see stuff that they are currently working on.

jamesjohn

they all want a minimum of 2 weeks to fit and paint !!!!

I dont mind travelling a distace and leaving my car with a trusted/recom body shop, if the job takes under a week.

I am still enquiring...