Its done...thanks Benny

goatboy

First up Huge thanks to Benny...
He replaced my chain today and all for a bargain price. Great guy, knew his stuff and had it all done in 3 hours. Well worth the 260 miles drive.

Turns out mine had not got the new nozzle
ai76.photobucket.com_albums_j1_drgoatboy_nozzle.jpg

But did actually have the cut outs in the pretensioner bolt thingy. So beware this is not a sure fire indication your chain has been done. what..

NOw I just have to wait for a cold start to see if that rattle has gone! rallygif

Thanks again Benny, would recommend you to anyone! 8)

Andy Coupé

Turns out mine had not got the new nozzle

Good news, and glad its sorted for you! This is my worst nightmare with this engine and have always doubted "cuts on the pretensioner bolt thingy" too!

Mine seems 100% fine but i dont know if the nozzle thing has been replaced.

My question is , can the nozzle be replaced with the updated one DIY and at what cost? just for peace of mind!

goatboy

well I've only done one cold start so far but it is much quiter for the time being. No horrible rattle and generally seems a lot happier (although that may just be the fresh oil?)

I think you could do it DIY if you have all the right tools. Nothing seemed to be mega difficult (but then again I wasn't doing it!) and the timing is a doddle to set.
Personally I wouldn't do it as there is so much to loose if I got it wrong. However if you are reasonably confident then I don't see why you can't do it DIY.

Mines been rattling on cold start 15-25% of the time so was starting to worry me. If its not rattling then I guess you'll be OK 8)

Andy Coupé

I just wanted to replace the nozzle as thats the part that cloggs up and stops the oil getting to the chain. Any idea where it is?

Daz

Former Staff
it goes by here,,,it circled green,but the jet i had already removed before taking the pic

41_100_9287_2.jpg

Daz

Former Staff
Its not that bad if uve got a bit of mechanical knowledge.looks worse than it is really..
Took me bout 5 hours to do mine chain,but prob be quicker if i done another..
Tbh honest if u go that far just to change the jet u mite aswell do the whole lot..

vocky

Staff
it would take about 30 minutes longer to replace the chain kit, plus the tensioners seize and the chain then falls off

so replace the chain kit, before it's too late

goatboy

agreed, replacing the chain is actually not a very big job once you have everything in bits... (well from what I saw at the weekend what.. )

Daz

Former Staff
Its not a big job,the links that line up with the marks are colour coded so u cant go wrong..

Daz

Former Staff
benny wrote:
im in the west midlands and the cost is £220 all in chain kit front oil pump gasket and a oil and filter change .........the work will be done at my house

There ya go m8...

Jatie 150

Glad its all sorted for you Goatboy thumbup

I have been having the noise on start up & so I stopped using the car over a month ago . Popping up to get it done from Benny in a weeks time ......

goatboy

good choice, you won't regret it.
I feel much more comfortable driving the car now knowing it has a nice shiney new (and well oiled!) chain on it...

The drive home taking it easy is frustrating though! munchies..

benny

Trader
Jatie 150 said:
Glad its all sorted for you Goatboy thumbup

I have been having the noise on start up & so I stopped using the car over a month ago . Popping up to get it done from Benny in a weeks time ......

yep see ya the 14th jat ...the kits are now is stock ...vx find it funny to back order parts people actually need now if i wanted a body shell for a corsa no problem next day delivary .......