ISP.

joey

Can anyone recommend a good ISP as I`m with Orange at the moment.

Matt

Administrator
My bro-in-law is with Sky in my old house, getting a full 8mb as well, downloading at 720kbps, very good for the price and the rest of the package

baldie87

yea i think it is good for what it is, when sky first started doing internet loads of people were having problems but sky use a new technolody which i think all adsl isp will be swapping two. i have only everhad one problem with them and a reboot of the router cured it showo..

Hareng

Pick any Entanet service provider, you know exactly what you are getting, more than can be said of 98% of the remainder and only comes from Telford. No throttling, aftersales service, no false 'unlimited', etc, try and find the small print yet alone read it!
Most are in the region of £20 p/m for 30Gb off peak and 300Gb off peak.
Home 30 http://www.adsl24.co.uk/ Still small enough to cater for one to one.

Steer clear of the biggies.

jamesjohn

but with sky, you need a BT landline as well, thats additional £11 a month....

i have been with Virgin Media for 2 years. Bundle package. Have had conection problems only twice this year ( problem at their end ). Speed is ok, but they cap the speed between 4pm- midnight if you donwload over 350MB lol.
there are no download restricts though (unlimited download) ( this is what I am with them for, I d/l loads and loads of stuffs, lol about 150GB a month just in movies/videos. Then there is the browsing, online videos, radio etc etc)
Customer service is S***e. But why do you need customer service when you got problems only twice a year and they are fixed automatically after a few hours...
Good value...NO ADDITIONAL monthly payment for BT ( BT not required)

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/bundles/index.html

They mis-sold me a package 2 years ago and their retention team offered me a deal I could not resist lol

I was on 3 for £30 ( 2MB broadband, Medium TV package and Phone line )
They gave me their max TV package and unlimited UK Landline calls, anyday , any time for free lol

Begbie

Got sky broadband myself, after getting one of the sagem routers it has been much better.

The white netgear routers were crap.

But I get my sky free so I aint complaining ;)