Insignia 2.0T 4x4 - A20NHT & A20NFT

rik1083

Hi
Does anyone know about these cars? Seriously considering on but they seem quite rare

They have a engine called A20NHT (2009-2011) or A20NFT (2011-), which appears to be the new direct injection/vvt etc evolution of the Z22SE, and even supposed to be 'better' than the LNF - http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/p/1202-Complete-LDK-Engine.aspx

Also interesting is that the new Astra GTC VXR has the A20NFT too, which probably means there will become tons of tuning parts come available within the next year.

I quite fancy a 300bhp+ 4x4 luxury ESTATE car for around £10k :)

Like this one (but I don't want auto) http://www.billingtons-vauxhall.co.uk/used-cars/VAUXHALL/INSIGNIA/SRI NAV 4X4/RX59GZP

My question if anyone knows, what is the difference between the 2 engines A20NHT and A20NFT?

Also what to the H and F stand for in the engine codes? The guides to match the code to specs don't have H and F listed as options.

n.b. I was able to figure out that A means euro5 compliant

Thanks!

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
LDK

A high-performance version of the LNF with 9.3:1 compression. This engine is also known as A20NFT and A20NHT by GM Powertrain Europe.

This engine is used in:
2011 Opel Insignia 4x4 184 kW (250 PS; 247 hp) @5300 rpm 400 N·m (300 lb·ft) @2400-3600 rpm
2012 Opel Astra J OPC 206 kW (280 PS; 276 hp) @5500 rpm 400 N·m (300 lb·ft) @2500-4500 rpm

rushy

Also consider the 2.8 v6 turbo which is available in Elite or VXR form. In real world driving the 2.0 4x4 has some pretty poor mpg figures. Keep in mind if you wish to map these new A series engines you'll want one out of warranty as the ecu's now log any interactions with it, so things like the Regal and BSR PCC boxes become redundant as the dealer can still see that its been mapped.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

rik1083

Also consider the 2.8 v6 turbo which is available in Elite or VXR form. In real world driving the 2.0 4x4 has some pretty poor mpg figures. Keep in mind if you wish to map these new A series engines you'll want one out of warranty as the ecu's now log any interactions with it, so things like the Regal and BSR PCC boxes become redundant as the dealer can still see that its been mapped.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
considered it but it's in the super high tax band.. the 2.0 fits into the same one as Z22SE (£280 I think) looking at a 2009/2010 one so should be out of warranty

Maverick

The Insignia's 2.0 T engine is apparently mechanically identical to the new Astra VXR 280ps, so mapping the Insignia to 300bhp is not an issue.

In the US, Buick dealers offer an official 300ps map to all Buick Regal owners. For those who don't know, the Buick Regal is the European Insignia.

Matt

Administrator
That being the case, seeing 400bhp+ should be fairly easy, as those new engines take being tuned very well.