Inside My Turbo

Mark Dj

Former Staff
I took my Pre Cat off just before and I thought I would take some pictures of my Turbo below. After looking at the Pre Cat I can see how restrictive it is, :wave: and hello Pre Cat De Cat Pipe on Monday I hope 8) . Do things look ok inside my Turbo? Not sure what to look for lol

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_006_8.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_007_13.jpg

MikeS

Former Staff
look for cracks and that it spins freely :)

also the oil seals :p

how many lambdas has the turbo got ?

am i right in thinking 3 ?

Mark Dj

Former Staff
It's only got the 2 Lambdas Mike, one on my Pre Cat pipe I removed and one on the main cat. It all looks dry up inside, I will check the wheel to see if it spins well. I was happy with how easy it was to remove. I hope it's the same to fit back up :)

MikeS

Former Staff
i am wondering about the pre cat

could it actually lean the mixture by the flow of gas at high revs when removing the pre cat in terms of the lambda sensor

MikeS

Former Staff
cos i been doing a bit of detective work with my laptop when driving and i know the averages of the front lambda leans out at high revs

a lot more so since fitting the 2.5 downpipe

i doubt a new lambda would sort this

sdbutler10

the turbo looks fine but not big enough as our ones at work i can fit my hand in side and finger between the blades lol

Mark Dj

Former Staff
My new pipe came today, it looks a good quality pipe :). I can't wait to fit it, just waiting on two new gaskets at Vauxhall for it.

MikeS

Former Staff
remember to give the lambda a good shot of carb cleaner

if you struggle to take the lambda out if u aint got the right tool then put a plumbers wrench on it and use a hammer on the other end, the vibration alone will loosen it up, god knows how hot your pre cat gets