Induction Kit

Stu08

Hi everyone,

Does anybody know of a good cone filter which has a good cold airfeed and heatshield as part of the kit? Really want to go down this route. Anyone have any experience?

Thanks,

Stu.

MikeS

Former Staff
majority of induction kits have showed negative results on this engine due to air intake pipework

do the air box mod with a panel filter

Stu08

Thanks guys, was thinking I wanted more induction noise, my car is a vec c 2.2 sri, forgot to mention that bit! I have heard you can drill the airbox and fit a panel filter. I have a question with regards to this though. Does drilling the airbox disrupt the airflow or have any negative effect on the engine which could cause potential running problems?

Thanks for anymore help (y)

MikeS

Former Staff
no not really

all depends where u drill the holes

i have known people to drill a good 500mm hole and stuck in another air intake pipe next to the existing pipework

Matt

Administrator
I recently drilled two 32mm holes into my air box. Didn't get much more induction noise, but could really here to turbo spool up. I've since gaffer taped them back over, as the sucking noise it was making wasn't actually that nice to hear.

Daz

Former Staff
Both mine and alys 2.2 airbox's on our 2.0 turbos have around 20 15mm holes drilled on the inner wing side of it below the filter, makes a nice induction noise and can here the dump valve alot more than without....

Matt

Administrator
I think mine sounded s**te because there was just the two. I bet yours is louder as well without the cross over pipe.

Stu08

Decided to give modifying the airbox a shot. Friend helped out as me + tools = A&E. Removed the lower plastic in the airbox, to improve things on the noise side we drilled ten 22mm holes on the inner wing side of the airbox below the filter. The car does sound alot deeper now under acceleration.