Hya all

Tracysri

Hi I am new to this forum a mate of mine from Clubvec told me about it, we have had vecs for quite a few years now, other half has a 2.5 v6 I had a 2l cdx which has now been sold, and I picked up yesterday a 2.2 sri estate, love the car its brilliant, I have been reading about the cam chains and to say that I am confused is a understatement :wtf: mine is a 2002
Anyways I am Tracy, live in the lakes and married to Steve, who like I said has a v6 he also has a honda fireblade his other pride and joy, I have a rottie puppy and alsatians I used to show these at Crufts and the like dont do that anymore
Anyways nice to meet you all and look forward to speaking to you

Tracy

Drakey

Hi, welcome to the forum, .......look in to your chain, I don`t think many are safe, always best to get it checked.
The more technical amoungst us will guide you in a better direction, the Cam Chain section is a sensible read.

JohnnyN

Former Staff
Hello and welcome. Regarding the cam chain, all Vectra B's with the z22se engine had the small oil jet fitted. If you don't have any paperwork to verify the new cam chain kit has been fitted then assume that its still on the oil style jet. There is no way of telling unless you strip it down or as I said, have the paperwork/records to prove it.

Tracysri

I only picked the sri up yesterday, all the books ie servicing etc have been lost even the car pass drove 200 miles home singing to myself, as radio was in safe mode not nice especially when ya cant sing, was on two bald tyres also not nice driving that distance especially in torrential rain, and front windscreen washers also blocked, was actually pleased it was raining to be honest they did get blew out with air compressor and they are fine now car is immaculate though and never missed a beat during the homeward journey, I have taken the radio out today and found out that its actually been decoded at some audio place in the wirral so have phoned them and got a code for that so I do have sound now, I dont even have the car pass which is now in hand, I will get it serviced as soon as, how often do these need done its on 119,000 atm??, I got the car from car trader, who got it from a dealership, I belive 3 counties in the Wirral, I can maybe try and get in touch with last recorded owner and try there to get some info, its very hard when theres no history with a car but this was a bargain otherwisw wouldnt have done a 400 miles round trip, it drives like a dream so no major concerns just yet, out of all the vecs we have had over the years they have been looked after and servicing kept up with, timing belts done regualr, I honestly didnt know about these on chains to be honest and someone mentioned it on clubvec so I thought I had better look into it further, how much roughly is this going to cost, I have read about Benny but hes miles away from me I am in the Lake district

Tracy