Hi guys back again but with problems!

blue se2

The poor coupe has been sitting in my garage for a year or so with random start ups ( when I needed the garage ) iv now decided to put her back on the road BUT.

If now have a misfire, starts and runs a treat no hesitations at all UNTIL it gets hot then misfires and carries on that way until the engine cools down then fine again until hot.

Iv replace:
Spark plugs, coil pack, engine coolant temp sensor, cleaned the throttle body, EGR has been blanked, compression is fine hot and cold.

Any ideas peeps?

Sjdickso

Staff
Long time no see!

Did you finish the camper van?

Was the CTS a genuine part? I am guessing you are not getting any fault codes?

Sjdickso

Staff
Any pictures of it done? TBH I would be tempted to change the CTS to genuine part for what they cost.

You did take the pre cat out years ago didn't you?

milo

The poor coupe has been sitting in my garage for a year or so with random start ups ( when I needed the garage ) iv now decided to put her back on the road BUT.

If now have a misfire, starts and runs a treat no hesitations at all UNTIL it gets hot then misfires and carries on that way until the engine cools down then fine again until hot.

Iv replace:
Spark plugs, coil pack, engine coolant temp sensor, cleaned the throttle body, EGR has been blanked, compression is fine hot and cold.

Any ideas peeps?

I had this problem the other year and it was the coil pack breaking down, replaced it for a new gm one and problem solved

blue se2

Iv tried a secondhand one and I had a coupe in at work the other day with no issues tried the coil pack off that and mine on his. His ran fine with my pack on and mine ran the same with his on so ruled the that out?

milo

Iv tried a secondhand one and I had a coupe in at work the other day with no issues tried the coil pack off that and mine on his. His ran fine with my pack on and mine ran the same with his on so ruled the that out?
have you got opcom? so you can see whats going on when the misfire starts? Its a right ball ache when you get no EML to help narrow down the search.

blue se2

Yeah I have access to opcom I'm going to have a go at the weekend see if I can find something. it's so annoying I leave it running and it seems fine then all of a sudden it misses and that's it until it cools down I was so happy last night after I put a fuel treatment and some fresh fuel in it it ran lovely for about 10 mins then boom it started missing!