Help ! Extreme oil leek

Mark_647

Hia all, Happy new year !

To start 2009, my car has developed a number of faults - the most serious, an oil leek !!

Its covered the whole underside of the car, even past the cat (cat covered in oil and stinks)

It only leeks with engine on, and could easily fill a mug in about 30 seconds!!

Coming from the front of the engine, looks like a sylinder type metal thing !?! just above what i believe is
the oil temp sensor with an elctric wire coming from it.

If you look from the top of the engine, you cannot see the leek, but it would be under the oil filter housing.....

Any ideas on what this magical thing is ? Your help is much appreciated...

Mark :evil:

Blue Eyes

Thats sounds exactly what happened to an old car of mine and i had to get a new steering rack, i thought it was just bad gasket somewhere. I hope it s not that for you mate. Sorry i cant be more help.

Blue Eyes

I take you oil level drops? I dont how its works but it is engine oil the steering rack uses (thats what the garage told me) and if its just the seals you'll be ok but it depends how long its been happening. I kept just topping up the oil for ages and because of that i had to get a full steering rack put in . Maybe i was done by the garage but it did do the job. It could of been cracked somewhere, i cant really remember to be honest.

Mark_647

Thankyou all, I will try to get a picy when its on the ramps in the morning.
Really awkward to get to on the floor, no visual access from the top and to low to the ground to stick your head under !!!!!

Thanks again,
Mark

Mark_647

Well,

No photos but after a propper look, seems to be coming from the oil pressure switch so thankfully it will be a simple
fix - or so i hope !

Thankyou all.....