Hello and back in a Vauxhall

DeanoVIP

Hi all,

Thought I would say a proper hello, used to be a vauxhall owner as my first two cars about 11 years ago, but I'm back. Just picked up a Astra G 2.2 Convertible, has a few niggles from my other posts hopefully some home maintenance will sort before looking at the big money items. I'm from near Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire if anyone is close by and fancies a meet. A little bit about my car history:

Astra G 1.4 16v Enjoy 2004
Vectra C 1.8 Exclusive 2006
Lexus IS250 SE 2.5 v6 2005
Lexus GS300 SE 3.0 V6 2005
Alfa Romeo Guilietta Veloce 1.4T 2011
Lexus IS250 SEL 2.5 V6 2007
VW Passat Sport 1.8T 20v 2003
Astra G 2.2 Convertible

Look forward to meeting you all.

Thanks,

Dean

patricks

Hi Dean thats quite a collection of cars. I also own a Giilietta 1.4T but boy do i miss my astra g z22se - welcome!

DeanoVIP

Thanks guys, yeah the Guilietta was good fun well planted to the road, I used to work for them at the time so made sense. It had its niggles like any other Alfa, although my first car was a VX so they had something about them I miss. Don't get me wrong Lexus really did live up the reliability fantastic refined cars.

corsaZ22se

Hello Dean,
Good to see you now have come back to a decent car ;)
I'm between Thame and Oxford with a collection of small Vauxhalls 2 of which are 2.2 powered :)

DeanoVIP

Hello Dean,
Good to see you now have come back to a decent car ;)
I'm between Thame and Oxford with a collection of small Vauxhalls 2 of which are 2.2 powered :)

Sorry for the late reply, I'm in haddenham at the moment, maybe a catch up sometime would be good? The car is still a work in progress and needs plenty more doing. I've changed the standard 16" wheels to 17" coupe wheels, but ar eblack and chipped to death so at some point they need a refurb.

On the plus side, had a whole new exhaust done as it leaked everywhere and you could hear me coming miles away, including a new CAT, and just flew through its first MOT with me so very happy. I think next I need to sort the kangerooing out, whihc I think its the coil pack just not go around to getting one yet, looking for a cheap 2nd hand OEM one to test it.

corsaZ22se

I'm usually in one of these 2.
Don't use my 2.2's much just for shows really now. you can hear them coming from miles away to but no leaks in exhausts :whistle::whistle:

20170906_130104.jpg
34497853_1228634203940503_3242640552600010752_n.jpg

DeanoVIP

Nice, whats in the blue Corsa? With the amount of engine transplants, I'm hesitating that its not standard? Looks lovely! Well if you see a mad man flash you constantly its me :)

You heading to any other shows soon with the Z22's?

corsaZ22se

she's totally standard other than wheels and exhaust.
i will be at VBOA rally next weekend but not with a club just camping and enjoying the show.

DeanoVIP

Oh nice I've been before and really enjoyed it. In regards to the Corsa, always wanted a little 1.3 diesel, not sure what you can do with them in terms of tuning, but thought it would be a nice little project.

corsaZ22se

i did have a 1.3 corsa d. nice nippy run around. sold it to put more money in to the red c and some of the sound system for the blue one.
only had 18k on it. gear box went at 40k :confused: