2.4 Inlet Has anyone successfully fitted 2.4 Inlet & 2.4 TB

ATOM X

Sorry not meaning to be cynical
But i have read so many posts now

I am not concerned about physical fitted

Is anybody completely satisfied with the 2.4 Inlet manifold + 2.4 TB from an operational perspective?

I am not to old to be taught

rushy

Both myself and Vid tried a 2.4Tb on a stock manifold and on a 2.4 manifold and they both failed, I know thats nothing new but in the Vec we run a MAF not the traditional setup the SE uses. It also doesn't work on a YH Vec. I could start, tick over, slowly drive down the road, but as soon as I put it under any sort of load the car went into limp mode.

blue se2

as above fitted mine was fine on the spot reved like a motorbike! but as soon as it saw a load on came the EML and limp home was engaged and the car simply idled and ran at 3000 rpm

JohnnyN

Former Staff
My car was the test bed for this project and it failed! The car was with Courtenay for 5 months and included input from overseas partners of Courtenay, Klassen Motors.

ATOM X

JohnnyN said:
My car was the test bed for this project and it failed! The car was with Courtenay for 5 months and included input from overseas partners of Courtenay, Klassen Motors.

Not looking good, I have spoken to Jon (courtenay's)

This TB is the perfect size it is a pity nobody has cracked it

I think it is worth a dabble for the RR

alanoo

ATOM X said:
alanoo said:
I do, but with a standalone ECU :D
thanks yes I know its possible
but
Working with the standard ECU seems to be a nightmare
is that a fair statement

The PID of the 2.4 TB drive is totally different to the one of the z22se one and LSJ
I cannot switch the 2.4 to a z22se or LSJ without heavy target position overruns and I'm almost sure the stock ECU can't live with that as a safety feature