has anyone had this problem first ive seen of it

opened up my rocker cover yesterday and above cylinders 1 ans 2 was clean and looked like fresh oil
above cylinders 3 and 4 oil looked darker but was still oil there the holes that spread oil over the cams on the top of the rocker cover was slightly blocked but un clogged the doesnt seem to cause any wear to the cams luckly wondering what would have caused this

also my 2.2 choked alot and seemed to misfire on idle after lots of research n her and over site found out they dont like the ngk's and went for the 3 prong gm ones
omg the gapping was hell of alot bigger on the gm plugs

the choking went instantly but still not a bang on steady idle thought a vac leak had injectors out to check O rings all fine
inlet manifold off all rubbers fine used the old carb cleaner trick round the manifold and alll vac line in and away from it nothink at all dissapointing

could a fuel line cause a prob if air was getting in to the line im really stuck wiv ideas and struggling with it after time and money trying to find the problem but dont want rid of the car or engine astra mk4 btw

things ive changed

veccy c intake
k@n filter
coolant temp
number of sets of plugs
coilpack
throttle body
brake booster lead
rear lambda
exhaust gasket
tps sensor
air temp sensor
egr valve (tried blanker as well)
regular service every 5-6 months if not sooner
54 plate got plastic cover even thou documents say z22se think plastic ones are z22yh not sure same thing pretty much
just want a bang on idle idles bout 700 rather then 800 and flutuates bout 50 rpm no eml at all
can hear stight whining only at high rpm think its ma altenator
any advice or opinions would be much appriciated
thanks for your time guys :)

MikeS

Former Staff
hmm have you not tried the front lambda that controls the mixture at idle up to around 3000 rpm

idle is a bit irratic then u get like an electrical misfire when u rev the car if the front lambda is faulty - car runs fine over a certain rev range though

rushy

MikeS said:
hmm have you not tried the front lambda that controls the mixture at idle up to around 3000 rpm

idle is a bit irratic then u get like an electrical misfire when u rev the car if the front lambda is faulty - car runs fine over a certain rev range though
I think thats exactly what Vids car did, and yes it turned out to be a faulty front Lambda. It would hunt and even stall with foot down on the clutch when coming to a stop.

MikeS

Former Staff
i chucked my diagnostic kit on a 2.2 and it had a front lambda that was near enough flat line at around .3v thus overfueling the car and a dead rear lambda

only fault was rear lambda and the misfire when revving felt as if the coil pack was knackered

thanks for the replies guys :)
only hunts on idle when i drive its fine and runs fine just annoying with the low idle bout 100 rpm low
i did the rear lambda tried to take the front off and is completely seized on :(
now cleaned out the rocker cover deffo getting oil can fell it runs a hell of a lot smoother
it doesn't seem to want to stall apart from a very odd occasion it only hunts when its warm
ow yea it hs a cool stat on it but still hunted before i changed it

thanks guys much appreciated (y) :D

that means i got to take side cover off to check all the other timing marks then doesnt it??
would that cause a low idle bout 700prm n about hunting of 50 rpm to50 on idle??
thanks guys for the responses (y)