Fuel fittings. Bit of info plz.

BURT150

Had a bit of a break down on the way home tonight.

After bodging the fuel lines a few times whil tinkering with fpr's and stuff iv now got 2 rubber pipes where the steel ones used to be. But tonight for whatever reason the fuel feed hose decided to blow off.
It made my ring twitch a bit listening to the petrol boiling on my manifold! Managed to get it home and made a better job of it for now but im now looking at changing it for braided hoses and decent fittings like aeroquip or goodridge.

What i need to know really is what are the feed and return fitting on the rail? And what fitting can i use on the pipes from the bulkhead/tank. I still have about 3inches of the steel end on the pipe so i eather need a fitting for them or cut them down to the rubber hose and use an apropriate fitting on them??

Any help will be gratefully recieved (y)

MikeS

Former Staff
if you follow the metal pipes down the bulkhead do they turn into hose or just plastic hose similar to the pipework connections on the fuel filter

delgado900

BURT150 said:
It made my ring twitch a bit listening to the petrol boiling on my manifold!

FCUK that !!!! I think everyone would of been the same mate :wtf: not a fun experience !

BURT150

MikeS said:
if you follow the metal pipes down the bulkhead do they turn into hose or just plastic hose similar to the pipework connections on the fuel filter

Its plastic pipes from the filter then joins under the front into steel pipes up the bulkhead then theres a flexi rubber hose then the steel hard pipe to the rail. On mine tho half the steel hard pipe to the rail is now rubber pipes. One being 3/8feed and5/16return.

BURT150

It was a worry :eh:

Id of been devistated if it went up in flames.

delgado900 said:
FCUK that !!!! I think everyone would of been the same mate :wtf: not a fun experience !

delgado900

I used to carry a small extinguisher in my Cupra R might have to dig it out and sling it in the boot lol

BURT150

delgado900 said:
I used to carry a small extinguisher in my Cupra R might have to dig it out and sling it in the boot lol

I got a powder one in the boot now (y)

Trouble is tho if it ever caught fire its a job to know how long you have till it turns into a mushroom cloud of parts :(

Nobody know what fittings the rail is then? UNF? Metric fine? dunno.. ??

delgado900

BURT150 said:
Trouble is tho if it ever caught fire its a job to know how long you have till it turns into a mushroom cloud of parts :(

if you can catch it early enough and know the cause you could help to extinguish although if in your case its fuel and pouring onto very very hot metal then its alot harder to isolate the problem :(

you will always take a risk trying to save what you have spent ages on however sometimes you have to stop and think "is it worth the risk " :wtf:

BURT150

Well im half way there :think:

These turned up today.

The plan is to use a 8mm compression joint on the return and a 10mm on the feed both with a 1/4bsp female end then use a bsp to AN-6 adaptor onto a AN-6 fitting then a bit of stainless braided hose to a 90 degree AN fitting to the rail.

Not quite sure what fittings are on the rail yet so i got myself a weld in AN fitting and im still not sure on the return.

Should be fun tho!!

Anyone got a spare SE Rail kicking around???

Attachments

• my car.jpg
    my car.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 188