Z22SE Fuel economy increase

Ivan

Hi.I wan't to buy Astra Bertone MK4,but fuel consumption might be a problem for me.
I read for some very bad mpg and some good.My trip will be 50/50 and the town it's small,we don't have jams or big traffic.
I read for some mods,like de-cat,aftermarket manifold,aftermarket air filter,who increase fuel economy.
Can i get 33mpg combined with normal driving ?
This is the car http://www.mobile.bg/pcgi/mobile.cgi?topmenu=1&act=4&adv=11462899706634627&slink=e3zrzb
2004 november,LPG Fobos,CID i think it's good,only the black speedometer is ugly.
Sorry for bad english and thank you :)

milo

Before I got my coupe supercharged I got 38mpg combined/45mpg on motorway driving and I had pre cat removed, cat back exhaust and air box mod with on panel filter. With the supercharger fitted if I'm not too heavy on the loud peddle I get 33-35mpg.

LKennedy

Well under the right circumstances one can reach a pretty low consumption with the z22se, even at stock. Only thing I changed so far is the removal of the egr valve.

Since I own my Vectra I punctiliously take record of every refueling and how many km it took. For the last 3 1/2 years I reached an overall fuel economy of 7.25 litres/100km, which equals almost 39mpg(UK). Of courese my weekly trips cover a lot of routes that make this easy. Would say that I have around 40km a week short distance with city speed and around 280km long distance with an average of 80-90km/h. Of course on the long distance trips I try to maintain a constant speed somewhere between 90 and 100km/h and avoid carefully avoid having braking and speeding up. Once on a single long distance trip I was even able to get it down to around 6 litres/km or 47mpg(UK).

Here is my spritmonitor-profile --> http://www.spritmonitor.de/de/detailansicht/533144.html

Ivan

Good economy,but you driving slow.
Between my village and the town im driving with 100-120km/h and on the highway 120-140km/h sometime 160-180km/h.
Im not pushing the pedal and release,trying to maintain high,but constant speed.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
the computer is such a lier :)
WP_20160515_12_31_53_Pro.jpg

James1010

Carl your 158 mile from mine 316 miles all round I still had over a quarter of a tank when I got home but my car is special lol

Johnss

Why would you worry about consumption of LPG? It's cheaper than water :D

p.s.
Removing precat would decrease the fuel consumption?

Ivan

Because in live in poor country.When i get the car i will search for 4-2-1 manifold and full exhaust system without cat,sport filter(i don't know which is better) and more mods...