Front Anti Roll Bar Bushes.

I tried to measure the front anti roll bar with a cheap vernier gauge and l am getting crap readings 20.6 to 21.6. Now l am thinking with readings that l should order the 22mm powerflex bushes. Did vauxhall fit different sizes of roll bars on a 53 reg astra. Any feedback would be helpful.

KevinH

From EPC, it looks like the Astras were fitted with 3 possible sizes: 18mm, 20mm and 22mm

If you ring your local Vx parts dealer and give them your reg or VIN no, they should be able to confirm which size was fitted to your vehicle.

Hope this may help. :)

HarleyPete

I know it's not necessarily a perfect way of checking but you could try using a 20mm spanner and see if the open end slides easily over the roll bar or if it won't go on then try a 22mm just a thought. If you have one available apparently a 13/16ths AF spanner is 20.64mm and a 7/8th AF is 22.23mm according to the table on this page, a 7/16th BSF spanner is 18.03mm.

Last edited:

rushy

If there the same as the Vec/Signum ones the sizes are molded into the side of the bush, so you can see the correct size by looking at the old bush.

Dave One

That's no surprise. You probably had 0.5mm or so of muck and corrision around the ARB. Mine was the same. The powerflex bush makes a massive difference on the ARB :).