Fitting the weapon R to a VX

vocky

Staff
I was using both the standard lambdas before I fitted itb's, no eml's :)

Eml came on tuesday morning on the way to work, going down the motorway i backed off to let car move into the 3rd lane and the light came on and has been on pernamently since, doesnt effect the way the car runs and isnt useing any more fuel than usual.

I took a number of pics but wouldnt know how to post them on the forum, would be happy to send them to someone to host on my behalf.

vocky

Staff
to post a pic use the 'preview' button below the 'write comments' window, then select the 'upload attachment' tab below the save / preview / submit buttons

choose the file you wish to upload, add the file then insert the file

luna_s

mine comes on during motorway runs, 200cell cat - and i've a o2sim - its always the same code - cat ineficiency - doesn't seem to do any harm
seems to have cleared up since i put the supercharger injectors in

Matt

Administrator
cthomas443 said:
I took a number of pics but wouldnt know how to post them on the forum, would be happy to send them to someone to host on my behalf.

Full step by step guide to posting pictures on the forum here:

viewtopic.php?f=103&t=9225

If you still have problems, you can e-mail me the images and I'll upload them for you.

Last edited:

OAKMERE

luna_s said:
mine comes on during motorway runs, 200cell cat - and i've a o2sim - its always the same code - cat ineficiency - doesn't seem to do any harm
seems to have cleared up since i put the supercharger injectors in

For those getting the low ineficiency code from the second o2 sensor have you tried a mechanical cel eliminator? I fitted one when I fitted my weld in high flow cat and have never had any codes. I will be using one when I fit my weapon R.

http://www.jperformance.co.uk/universal ... p-201.html

Could someone confirm the best size flexi's to use as there seem to have been different sizes used. dunno..
Cheers Oakmere

Theres nothing wrong with the fueling. I had the code read today - only one code.
PO141 - 02 sensor heater circuit malfunction(bank 1 sensor 2)

Apparently desterbing a sensor can some times cause it to fail - new sensor approxamitly £130.00 :(

I ordered an 02 simulator a couple days ago so will give that a go first.

luna_s

did you also buy the heater resistor from there ? - you'll need it

you can get pattern lambdas on ebay for 13 quid, i use them

Karlosfandango

It's almost done, what with holidays and helping with other jobs it's taken a while. It needs a little bit of fettling and then should be good to go. One final question, the sensor before of the cat, does it need to go into the collector section or will it be ok in one of the banks of 2?

Here's an idea of where it's at..

2d5949ce.jpg

For future reference, no matter how good the jig is, the only realistic way to get it to fit is to do it on car. Mine was made to the jig but it needs a bit of adjustment to suit the car.

Karlosfandango

Almost there, it all fits so all that's left is to fill the egr groove. When using the existing vauxhall gasket is it worth cutting out the sections that run across the opening in the manifold, hopefully the pic should show what I mean

662b98ee.jpg

vocky

Staff
thinking about it your head will have smaller ports anyway, so as long as the gasket doesn't need trimming for the head leave it alone (y)

exmantaa

Is that gasket lined-up properly? I see not all bolt holes lining up...

Maybe you can try a Saab 9-3 gasket? This probably does not have all those gaps.

OAKMERE

Vocky do you have a record of what the center-line radius was fro the two 2" 90 degree bends attached to the flexible pipes? Also where did you get the flexi pipes from as prices seem to differ from £10.00 to about £30.00 each?

Thanks in advance. (y)

Oakmere