2.4 Inlet Fitting 2.4 Manifold with 120amp Alternator

not disbelieving you (and really wanting it to be the case) but what makes you think so?

Cheers for your reply

Dean

Vid

Looks to me like its because it has the interlocking section on the front, the 120 has a gap. Mine looks the same as yours, so I hope this is right as it means I have the 100 amp also.

do you mean this bit? (again, sorry for the poor pictures!)

acdn.z22se.com_userpix_1065_tn_P1010334a_1.jpg

Really hoping this is the case. Getting a 2.4 fitted in Jan and really can't wait.

Just doing a bit of prep before-hand for the peeps who are fitting it, is there anything else I should do before I bring it to em??

slindborg

Right I finally got a 2.4 inlet (cheers andyroooooo) lol.

got it out for a looksee.

As I dont want to touch my alternator at all, would it be possible to remove the end of the plenum so its "flush" with the runner? I measured it and it will give 19mm of clearence VS 10mm with just lopping the bung off.
is the manifold made from two layers of plastic seperated with air (like double glazing)?

OAKMERE

If you mean with the 100 amp alt the answer is NO.

I removed the plug and hoped it would fit with the standard 100 amp alt but it was about 3mm out still. In fact it is where the built-in suppressor lives on the alt that hits the manifold.

Hope this helps dunno..

It is a single layer.

Oakmere

slindborg

so taking the entire end off the plenum "might" just clear a 100A alt without modding it...

although from what the images show in the first page you can lop the lug off the end, mod the end cap of the 120A alt and it fits... meaning taking the end of the plenum off too should clear... ahh well I'll give it a go anyway

Europa Blue SE1

As Vid said it looks identical to mine also and mine was the 100amp and looking at my wee bros Veccy B 120amp alt they look tatally different so I'd say it's a 100amp mate...

OAKMERE

slindborg said:
so taking the entire end off the plenum "might" just clear a 100A alt without modding it...

although from what the images show in the first page you can lop the lug off the end, mod the end cap of the 120A alt and it fits... meaning taking the end of the plenum off too should clear... ahh well I'll give it a go anyway

You can try it but mine didn't. I tried removing parts of the alt end cap but in the end removed it completely. It was the only way I could get it to fit. Removing the plug back to the runner just isn't quite enough. Though if you do both mod like me it will give extra clearance.

Cheers Oakmere

slindborg

hmmmm ghey.

still might remove it all the way back to the runner to plate it off unless it mullers the airflow... which is doubtfull as its N/A not forced so its not the end of the world.

richard

well had car on my ramp to do oil service so thought i would check to see if i had the 100amp alt but how ever hard i tryed i just could not see 100 on it anywhere :( i will just have to hope it is

vocky

Staff
a small update,

the 2.4 inlet manifold can be fitted with a 120 amp alternator without modifying the 2.4 inlet manifold

all you need to do is remove the alloy protusion which hits the inlet manifold and trim the spikes from the ends of the three wires, then it fits fine

Attachments

• mani06.jpg
    mani06.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 423

drpau

Vocky me man, while since I looked at the 2.4inlet manifold stuff, Ive had mine since first group buy but due to house renovation havent had time (its getting bloody ridiculous now though, so time to give myslef a big kick up backside!) to fit my inlet noth. . Ive got the 120amp for sure, if I trim these bits as you say then I wont need to mod the manifold itself, but how about suppressor wise - can the existing one be left in place or does another one need to be used to get it to fit? Ive been waiting for over a month for one from demon tweeks - they say they are still waiting on stock, if its not needed I could get cracking on it tomorrow, (if Im feeling brave!! showo.. and if her indoors doesnt produce a list of things for me to do!!)

Cheers mate

Paul

vocky

Staff
you also need to use a single nut as shown in the above pic

you can get another suppressor from the dealers, the z22se has one on the head near the egr valve, this can be used if you add a crimp instead of the plug

you need to mount it on the alternator fixing bolt (top torx bolt in pic) rather than on the back of the alternator and extend the wire to reach the terminal bolt