Fiat 500 EML

Matt

Administrator
No, the ford garage haven't touched it. They have sent it to fiat.
The are also questioning if the cam belt has been changed, even though that's not due until the car is 5 years old (April 2014)

Matt

Administrator
Got the car back yesterday.

The timing belt had slipped knocking the timing out. Cost us £65 in labour as it wasn't covered on the warranty. Lookers Ford were totally useless in the end, so I'm going to be writing a letter of complaint over the weekend about the service we received, and the useless warranty they have sold us.

I now need to get the belt replaced and a new rocker cover gasket, so I'll be arranging for a full service to be done on the car sooner, rather than later.

Sjdickso

Staff
Sounds like your warranty and service was as good as mine with the Seat!

Like you say sounds like getting the belt changed sooner rather than later will be a safe bet.

Matt

Administrator
I don't mind the fact we had to pay £65 to get it fixed. What f**ked me off was the amount of messing about Lookers did with regards to the warranty. Even if we had done the oil change this month, they still wouldn't have done the repair on the warranty, as it's not a "mechanical" breakdown!

MikeS

Former Staff
Tossers

I would write them a letter and CC it to Watchdog as it might be a common problem

Timing belts dont slip on a car that age unless the tensioner is failing then it is mechanical

Matt

Administrator
nothing back from Ford regarding the complaint, and the warranty is pretty worthless when you actually look at what they cover in it.

Car is fine again now, but I'm still going to get the cam belt replaced sooner rather than later for peace of mind.

Matt

Administrator
what REALLY annoyed me was the fact we'd just had the car MOT'd with them the month before. If they were going to impose their own service schedule over the manufacturer one to honour the warranty, why wasn't this raised at the time? They must be the only garage I know of that doesn't try and sell you a service AND MOT