Exhaust too noisy for my liking.

Maverick

As you know, I have the Turbo Milltek cat back 2.5" system on my car. This is mated up to a Piper 2.5" downpipe with 200 cell sports cat and a Chris Tullet manifold.

Now being an old git now, I am not too keen on a loud ish exhaust and would like it quiet.

Now I will be keeping the downpipe and manifold, but was going to change the exhaust. I won't fit a standard 2.2 2" as this would be too restrictive.

So I thought about fitting a cat back standard Turbo 2 1/4" system as this will be a more free flowing system than the standard 2" but a lot quieter than the Milltek.

My only concern is that the standard turbo back box is baffled and not straight through.

What are people's thoughts? Good or bad idea?

JohnnyN

Former Staff
Bad idea. Get ear plugs! (y)

Look at the choice...more choice of these than exhausts!!

aimage.motorcyclecruiser.com_f_8838260_0710_crup_01_z_motorcyc8e55debea9b99eb64f6878bb7ca3fe27.jpg

Matt

Administrator
Matt, does the Miltek Turbo exhaust have a silencer in the middle section, or is it straight through to the back box? On the VXR's, there is no loss of power between the Resonated and Non-Resonated exhausts, so could you just have an extra silencer added to it?

Maverick

Hi Matt, mine does have both fitted. I might speak to Milltek to see if they do anything to help make mine a little more quiet.

It is just worse as there is no roof so you hear it more, don't get me wrong when driving normally it is OK, but on full throttle it can get a bit tiresome.