Exhaust manifold

win.walid

hi

How do cracked exhaust manifold affect MPG???
my 2.2 vectra b do 16 mpg roundtown verrrry bad :(, I have changed the (air filter, spark plugs, O2 sensor and no check engine light), but have a cracked exhaust manifold..any advise will be appreciated ;)

IDI AMIN

hi

How do cracked exhaust manifold affect MPG???
my 2.2 vectra b do 16 mpg roundtown verrrry bad :(, I have changed the (air filter, spark plugs, O2 sensor and no check engine light), but have a cracked exhaust manifold..any advise will be appreciated ;)
A cracked manifold will mean exhaust gases will escape where they are not supposed to which will affect acceleration so this will affect mpg i also know that a faulty EGR valve can cause poor mpg i have had this problem but along with a faulty coil pack as well

So in answer to your cracked manifold get another one you can get one on ebay for between £20 - £25 pounds (y)
The cracked manifold is a common problem with these engines i changed mine a couple of years back no more problems there since

IDI AMIN

But what do you say about the effect on the O2 sensor..
Your 02 sensor will pick up improper readings with a cracked manifold once you have replaced the manifold then you see how it affects 02 sensor
at worst you will need to replace 02 sensor depending on its age. i would recommend buying an NGK brand 02 sensor if you need one

win.walid

Thanks but I had replaced it with NGK one 6 months ago because of the problem of poor MPG but I felt no difference(n), but now I believe that poor MPG is from the cracked exhaust manifold.:)