Engine Light has come on

roosta225

Hi guys,

If anyone can help i'd be very greatfull.

The other day my orange engine light came on. I disconected the battery for about 2 hours in the hope any faults would be wiped.

The light went off. I drove the car for around 100 miles yesterday and it came back on. Car seems to be running perfect.

Is there anything i should be checking myself before i book it in to get looked at by the stealers?

I'll have a go at anything before booking it in to them.

The car is Mike S' old Vectra B SRI.

Thanks in advance.

Russ

Matt

Administrator
You could always purchase a cheap fault code reader (can be had for ~£25 on e-bay) and read the code yourself first?

roosta225

Hadn't looked at buying one myself as didn't realise they could be picked up so cheap.

Would they come with a list of fault code and what they refer to? Sorry, i've never used one before.

Thanks for the offer but devons an age away from Cumbria, Cheers though.

Russ

dragon-sri

roosta225 said:
Hadn't looked at buying one myself as didn't realise they could be picked up so cheap.

Would they come with a list of fault code and what they refer to? Sorry, i've never used one before.

Thanks for the offer but devons an age away from Cumbria, Cheers though.

Russ
No probs mate, well worth getting one. When you think if you end up taking it to the garage to get a code reading and its going to cost you £30 a pop it pays for itself in no time :)