egr cleaning

patricks

After much swearing i managed to remove my EGR valve - how does one go about cleaning it?? I was thinking WD40 where the red arrows are yes??
Photo3113.jpg
Photo3112.jpg

vocky

Staff
they get quite hot, so the wd40 would simply burn off.

As long as the plunger moves downwards it should be okay. Probably better to just fit a blanking plate and bolt the egr valve over the side or space it off the blanking plate with suitable longer bolts and washers.

Kb1974

vocky evocarlos does the egr to inlet pipe have a "o"ring fitted as I did my rocker gasket, egr, and tb, upon removing the tb the amount of congealed oil inside the inlet, and the tb itself were untrue. The small chambers on the tb and inlet were packed right out with oil.

But after reassembly, the next day I found a " o" ring where I had been working, I realise it maybe coincidence but thought I had also heard a air leak as well.

Thanks for anyone who responds.

Karl.

Last edited:

corsaZ22se

yes it does have an o ring where it goes in to the manifold usually a white coloured one.
it is common for the inlet manifold to have oil in it from the pcv system.

Andrey

[QUOTE = "corsaZ22se, post: 1252871, member: 5553"] да, у него есть уплотнительное кольцо, куда он входит в коллектор, обычно белого цвета.
для впускного коллектора характерно наличие масла из системы pcv. [/ QUOTE]

А зачем там масло?Объясни пожалуйста. А то я уже 2 раза снимал и мыл впускной коллектор.

Andrey

corsaZ22se,
да, у него есть уплотнительное кольцо, куда он входит в коллектор, обычно белого цвета.
для впускного коллектора характерно наличие масла из системы

Здравствуйте! Объясните каким образом для впускного коллектора характерно наличие масла из системы?Я уже свой 3 раза снимал и мыл.В чем может быть проблема?

Andrey

[QUOTE = "corsaZ22se, post: 1252871, member: 5553"] да, у него есть уплотнительное кольцо, куда он входит в коллектор, обычно белого цвета.
для впускного коллектора характерно наличие масла из системы pcv. [/ QUOTE]

Здравствуйте! Каким образом объясните для впускного коллектора характерно наличие масла из системы? Я уже свой 3 раза снимал и мыл.В чем может быть проблема?

7up

At my old Astra G 1.6 i cleaned that with carb cleaner. Throttle cleaning spray or oven cleaner might also do a good job. I also took a 12v power supply (dont know the right for positive negative pins anymore maybe someone else?) to move the pin up and down to get it cleaned between the sides. Lasted 100.000km so far!