EGR Blanking

hi all,

looking to tune my Astra, i have done the airbox and straight through etc. i been told about blanking the EGR valve off, does this make a diffrence? will it give it more of a responce?

Matt

Administrator
hi all,

looking to tune my Astra, i have done the airbox and straight through etc. i been told about blanking the EGR valve off, does this make a diffrence? will it give it more of a responce?
Not really, it's a preventative modification. It stops the crap being put back into the inlet manifold, and stops the EGR from breaking, as you remove it from the car.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
hello and welcome
the egr valves are known for failing and when working they put soot from the exhaust back into the inlet manifold
the design is to help with fuel efficiency but theres no real performace loss or gain from removing it more of a case where you dont have to keep cleaning the inlet out

@Matt beat me to it

Last edited:

flatbeat

Mines been off now for a year and mine seems to run a bit better
I got the blank plate and cheater from the shop on herd

Matt

Administrator
we sell quite a few of these, and only have problems with faulty parts on a very few of them, which we rectify by sending a new cheater out.

You can get them from the shop on here: https://z22se.co.uk/shop

Last edited:

mark sri

Did my egr and fitted the cheater working ok for the last 4 yrs
got the the plug from VW this week so all being well at the weekend
the pipe work will be coming out to :)

5M1THY

Same as above lol it's a cheap mod that's real easy to do and you know there's a little less crap going round your engine :)