ecotek CB-26P valve

graeme

My veccy c has just past the 65k mark and over the coming months i am wanting to start giving it some TLC. Its due a service soon and i was going to get some of the ecotek oil additive to add to the oil and was thinking of trying their powerboost stuff as well. Tempted to get an engine flush done as well but have been advised against as its not been done before and may cause crap flushed through to clog up the oil sprayers.

Whilst on their site i was reading up on the ecotek CB - 26P Valve thingy as well. Has anyone got any experience of them good or bad particularly with our engines?

Just looking to get the engine performing better and try and help prolong it as it looks like i will have the car for the long haul now.

Any advice greatly appreciated and thanks in advance :)

joey

In a word forget about the ecotek valve it`s a pile of poo. As the car has only done 65k it realy should n`t need a powerboost treatment yet.

JohnnyN

Former Staff
All a load of old bollocks! The lot of it!

These ecotek products are a gimmick. Just use proven product such as Forte engine flush and use genuine Vauxhall oil and you won't go far wrong. Your engine has still plenty of life left in it yet at 65k. Regular oil changes will help prolong the engine life no end. People used to use Slick 50 years ago, not sure how many people still use it??

As for the ecotek valve, complete waste of money and that's a fact.

graeme

thanks for the replies guys, save me some cash then lol. So do you think an engine flush would be safe or could it clog the oil sprayers? I have read about people cleaning egr valves and stuff (not sure if the 22se has these) as well and thought that may be be an option. I am a tad technichally dim so sorry for all the questions.
:confused: :)

Matt

Administrator
Do a search for EGR Cheater on here, there is loads of stuff about buying it from us, fitting it and also fitting a blanking plate