East Anglia East Anglia Pics and Chit Chat

Andy16v

Thanks mate. Its a bitch to keep clean, I struggle badly when it comes to car cleaning/detailing. :oops: I use my astra every day and clock up quite a few miles every week, finding the time to clean it properly is hard and with it being metalic black its a nightmare for me. Be careful with that clay bar, you use them for removing all the stuborn spots from the bodywork like tree sap and tar i think, just make sure the car is well clean before using it and you have to keep checking/remoulding it so you dont scratch the paintwork with anything its picked up.

have you seen this? http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/f47 ... -5030.html

Like the pics, need to stress that I love all astras, hatch, coupe, cab. Always fancied a coupe, if I had one I'd probably try mod it all DTM stylee :roll: there are some real beauties about, alot on this site.. cue blue..... anyhow, that last pic of your old hatch, ragging it around a disused airstrip eh? nice one!

Got some new rear lights and picked up some other parts the other day so i'll post up some updated pics soon when I get out the old rusty bucket, fairy liquid and sponge and give her a quick wash.

Turbo_Shane

Yhh, i use mine every day back a forwards to work and see the girlfriend 3-4 times a week clocking around 140 -150 miles per week not including weekends; like today i clocked about 130 miles going to Hunstanton and other places...

I Brought that clay bar and lube the weekend at gave it a go saturday. My god its good! i poilshed the car friday after work and by washing the car agen saturday and using the clay bar makes a bid difference!! :D Really was worth the money!!

...Yhh, that last pic of my old astra hatch was at North weald air strip. Run what ya brung / test and tune day! Loved every second of it! i really fancy taking my coupe on the strip, but with the traction control; it would be a bit pants i think lol...

Yess! you will have to! post us the pics asap! keep us updated with any new mods etc... Ive got some decals on the way from this site. il post some pics of my coupe soon with them on with the new deep gloss shine too! ;) lol

blue se2

love the coupe shane looks quality glad you got on well with the cley bar great bit of kit never seen one until i joined this site now wouldn't polish without one lol

Turbo_Shane

Yess Andy, Their BK999 18" with 18/40/225 tyres. Come with crome wheel nuts and vauxhall centre caps if you buy them from ebay costing £624 in total, next day derlivery! :D

Their so easy to clean as well! i can even clean the inside of the rim which makes all the difference... (y)

My suspension is totaly standard!... The roads around where i live are deadly for lowerd cars! they scape now and again as it sits! :wtf:

Im thinking of painting my calipers??? but not totaly sure on whatt colour??? dunno.. im thinking red... What do you guys think??

Andy16v

Always a tricky one, caliper colour! If they are standard id agree with Neil and say silver to make them look tidy but subtle. Red if they are upgraded to make them stand out a bit. I like those little stickers you can get to put on them too.

What rim size and tyre do you roll with Neil?

Andy16v

Just cant decide what rims to go with. Keep thinking 18's are gonna be too harsh for me with 35's on.

Anyhow managed to find some time over the weekend.

Matt

Administrator
That's a great finish on the door handles. Did you give them plenty of coats of lacquer? I found that even with 8 coats mine started to get quite damaged after a few months.

Andy16v

lol Drakey :LOL:

Yeah I gave em as much as I dare Matt, stopped just before they started turning milky. I know they are gonna get scratched to bits but they'll then blend in nicely with the rest of my car then. :D

Forgot to show ya all me new backbox, nasty it is

and finally, another piccy for you all to look at and wonder wtf im up to next

(y) (n) dunno..

Matt

Administrator
I found that when I had the straight through section fitted as well. I had the original centre welded back in after spending a night cutting it to bits :(

Andy16v

doh. Was that the standard 'pressed' steel squareish looking section matt?

I remember when I took my original one off, could'nt believe my eyes when I looked down the pipe and saw how restrictive it was. Nearly went for a powerflow system not so long ago, but really could not justify the money needed and not convinced it would be quiet enough. All i've got on now is a cheapo pattern steel middle section, which is quieter than a straight through pipe but not as restrictive as the GM part, with the GT3 box on the end. Quiet enough for me to live with, but loud enough to be noticed If I welly it.

Guys Im not gonna roll, but Im gonna try get to Courtenays for a look see.