Does this sound right?

Santa

I blew my cat up on my vectra 2001 sri 150 in October 2006. My dad took it to a Kwik Fit garage that was the closest to my house for me cause i was at work.

They charged us £257.10 for a 'Vectra 2.0 Kat' (that was the description). Even though my car is the 2.2 petrol.

They said i had 2 cat's on it when they went to change it, and said this wasnt right, and only put one on.

On the receipt it never said anything about labour, just had that description and the price.

Does that price sound correct?

And is it right about the 2 and replacing it with only 1 cat?

Cheers

Santa

Is that a good thing? lol

Does that price sound right for putting a new cat in?

Just its MOT is up tomorrow (Friday) and i think my exhaust is nackered as its making a rattling noise and a little whistle noise, and im wanting to know if i can take it back to the garage i got the work done, and get them to check it, and see if its this thats causing the problem, and if it is, then make them change it under gaurentee. lol

vocky

Staff
removing the precat is the number one mod, so not having one is good news :D

the whistle will be the new cat section, they all do that - except genuine parts :roll:

Santa

Just looked at the invoice i got from them, it says...

Part No:
VX8070

Description:
Vectra 2.0 9091 KAT

Price:

Is that the right part to go on? (im trying to find any excuse possible not to have to pay to get it fixed lol)

What could be the smell of petrol then when its cold? Fuel Pump?

Hareng

In all fairness they have overheads like anyone else.

First one i found £109.22 delivered and may not be the cheapest that they fit.
http://www.cats4less.co.uk/product_deta ... =10&max=10

5 nuts and bolts, two sensors, its off. Even on above price its £147 for 15 mins work, nice easy job, but they get it trade price and have buying clout being a national fitters.

Now looking elsewhere the 2ltr has two down pipes after the fixing to manifold flange.
http://www.cats-direct-shop.co.uk/three ... ordID=1729
2.2 has to have a three bolt flange at manifold and should have one downpipe to flexi joint.

How about taking it back and complaining about the noise plus any other running issues. If car feels a bit quicker than before, it more than likely has not got the precat in, plus any other running issues to do with knackered cat. If it is louder and seems a little raspy precat not in!
What they gonna do, give you your old un back probably sawn up.
Cant find 9091 anywhere unless 90961.

Santa

Cheers for that Hareng, i might just do that.

No, all it has on the invoice i have is 9091. So god knows, maybe just their own part number or something.

Doesnt really feel quicker, feels slower now than before i had it done in october. My mate has exact same car as me, and i was 5 car lengths on him, and then he caught me up within seconds no problem what so ever, and we were both giving it some.

Sometimes sends out a little smoke as well, only a little though, when you rev it a few times.

Just going to take it back sometime next week and see what they say. At the end of the day, ill get them to check it out for me, as they done the work on it in the first place. :) ill keep you updated.