Does my clamp look on right?

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Does the clamp on my Pre Cat pipe look on ok? I think I might have a slight blow from the new pipe going on, but it might just all be in my head notsure.gif . When the auto choke goes off the noise I think is the blowing noise goes away. It's either because the pipe has got hot and sealed it's self up ie expanded a little or I am paranoid lol. I can't check it now as the engine is warm and I have no noise at the moment. It's just when it's cold first thing in the morning I think I can hear it. I have just removed the heat shield and will check it again in the morning for a better look. Cheers for any info 8)

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_IMG_1078.jpg

Matt

Administrator
Mine makes exactly the same noise Mark, it's because there is no restriction in the pipe.

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Does your noise go off when the choke goes off? It's a new noise to me since I did this mod. It sounds like a slight blow

Matt

Administrator
Mark Dj said:
Does your noise go off when the choke goes off? It's a new noise to me since I did this mod. It sounds like a slight blow
Yep. as soon as the choke goes off, the noise stops.

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Well I will double check it tomorrow morning when it's cold as I have it stripped down a little more around that area, so I can see better and get my hands around the pipe better. I just hope it ok as it's a fiddly job lol. Cheers

Mark Dj

Former Staff
How do they blow in the first place, is it because the clamp is not on right? I have just had it back off again and put it back on the way I think it should be. just looks the same as the first time I did it lol. All you need to do is make sure the clamp round the top and bottom are on correct, over both parts of the pre cat. The pre cat to the turbo is a straight fit, it can't go on wrong

Matt

Administrator
You'd know if it was blowing Mark, you could hear mine blowing while driving inside the car!

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Lol, well mine was ok. It was just that first thing in the morning. Did it again now, hope I have not made it worse. Will see what it's like in the morning

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Well after the second time I fitted it, it sounds the same as the first time. I am happy it's not leaking for sure. My car made a pop yesterday but a weird one, it sounded like a crackle lol. Crackle and pop, rice krispies :LOL:

alanmoose

whats this pop your all on about lol,the clamp was a right nightmare on my exhaust as the precat pipe is built into the 2nd cat hence being loads heavier and awkward/it was done after several attempts lol