Dodgy Pulling Power!!

I'll set the scene... Driving along a country road, dry conditions, car in good condition with new tyres and theres a motorist infront doing 40 mph, what would you do? Thats right, so im overtaking (car still in fifth gear) and the traction control comes on and goes totally crazy! Needless to say i made for the middle pedal right quick and pulled back in behind grandma! :LOL:

The thing which is puzzling me most is that the wheels werent even losing traction when the traction control butted-in. notsure.gif

Since then its happened a few more times, and in 3rd and 4th gears too but only when accelerating and I swear that the wheels are not losing traction! dunno..

Could it be a clutch or diff problem or possibly something more sinister such as ecu? :(

P.S:
It may be coincedence but its only happened since the new front tyres were put on, the bloke tried losening a track rod end with a welding torch as they were siezed solid but gave up and didnt bother trying the other side (getting replaced thurs) but i was hovering over him like a hawk and he didnt go near the abs wiring. Heat damage to the abs sensor maybe? Would tech 2 show this up?

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated cheers..

ASTRA2.2BADLAD

get a fault code reader on it see if any codes for abs/traction c or preferably a tech2 with it set on data list of the abs ecu wen driving and you can see then which sensor is playing up. He might have melted or damaged the abs sensor on that side or a wire to it. :) hope this helps

Cheers for you help matey...

Think I might have cracked it after having a good look round today... the front tyres are a different profile to the backs. 45's front and 50's rear... I'm guessing this is whats throwing the traction control into a mental state.

I never spotted the difference because the car is sitting so low now after having the new springs fitted :D

Will have to bitch slap the garage guy! showo.. ha ha

Got Eibachs from LMF... was impressed with the ride, not too bumpy and handles a bit better now :D

one of the back springs was completely snapped in half when I came to fit the new ones :eek: