Custom remap

vocky

Staff
well done, I know how much effort you have put into this project, you deserve a medal :D

cracking the z22se ecu will make tuning the z22se even easier, keep up the work cheers..

markv

Just to be clear, it is Peter who is doing all the really hard reverse engineering work. I just help out with hardware and stuff like that.

Hope we can make the work available one day. Getting a test like this done with good results is a good step, but making a product so it can be sold is something quite different.

Mark

Jamee

Yeah mate, totally agree, warrenty and the like is going to be a problem, also how we get it done as your in Holland is another problem, but we will have to see what the future holds. Perhaps when it is all sorted, Peter could sell the program to courtneys or someone as im sure they would pay top dollar for something like that.

edbutler

Id reather pay my hard earned to the guys that developed it though rather than a tuning company take their chunk - that can pay for the Ferry :D

Night out in Amsterdam anyone??

markv

Brainstorming up till now came up with not selling maps or anything, but selling an upgrade to the ECU to make it fully programmable, including software for on a laptop. That way you can take it to a tuner to get it mapped, just like with an emerald or other programmable ECU.

Still, that's going to take time to develop to that level. But would be VERY cool, no rewiring, no different ECU, just program it once, and map it according to the mods on the engine :)

Mark

gozer 1.4

markv said:
Brainstorming up till now came up with not selling maps or anything, but selling an upgrade to the ECU to make it fully programmable, including software for on a laptop. That way you can take it to a tuner to get it mapped, just like with an emerald or other programmable ECU.

Still, that's going to take time to develop to that level. But would be VERY cool, no rewiring, no different ECU, just program it once, and map it according to the mods on the engine :)

Mark
I'd really like it! expecially since i've fitted 2.4 inlet and 68mm tb.
Please Markv keep us up to date!
cheers..

OAKMERE

Great work mark.

Vocky has been saying how good his custom map is I think the main area where the original ecu can be improved is by changing the closed loop base map. You have reset the fuel trims for that map but it would seem that the map itself is quite poor. I think this is why vocky has noticed such an improvement form a custom ECU. I think most tuners are concentrating making changes to the open loop fueling to improve top end power. So if the base map can be altered it will be the big breakthrough.

I could well be wrong and this is just my opinion.

Also try and change the point the ECU activates the radiator fan 107 degrees seems to high to me.

Keep up the fantastic work. showo..

Oakmere

vocky

Staff
I totally agree, the base map needs changing rather than the fuel trims adjusting dunno..

I have my rad fan set to come on at tickover as well as at 95 degrees, so hopefully no overheating problems :)

markv

Ah, I see that there is some confusion here :) We did not alter the fuel trimming, that was just to show the effect of changing the base fuel mapping.

So what we did is change the main fueling maps in the ECU for closed and open loop. We did this by looking at the adjustments that need to be made to keep it at 14.7:1 for closed loop and 12.6:1 for open loop. The result is that the ECU almost doesn't build any fuel trimmings anymore. Which confirms changes were right :)

So the main maps were completely changed, which confirms the results in pickup and peak power.

BTW, the same has been accomplished with the ignition tables. Those we can also change runtime, just like with the main fuel map. But to work on ignition I think it would be best to put the car on a rolling road. We haven't done that yet. But if you do you can just map fuel and ignition like with a fully programmable ECU.

There is a long list of features on Peters wishlist, I know it inclused the fan on temperature and lots of other things. We'll see what the future brings :)

Mark

Lightning Coupé

There are tuners who can adjust the base maps, but what we need is the ability to change the fault tables and remove the p1514 fault.....if you look into that then you really will have something unique!