Custom inlet pipe and oil catch tank

BURT150

I'll make a couple up early next week then ill put them in the classified's and ill hold one back for you (y)

dodger said:
how much to knock up one of those oil catcher tanks, your setup looks really smart

cpwfos

i got the code reader today and read a p0405 error code which is egr flow sensor A circuit low input i erased it and eml gone for now so will see how this goes would this code be related to the cheater ?

cpwfos

the eml light came back on shortly into my journey and has stayed on im gonna check the cheater connections tmrow and erase the code again and see wether this resolves it

cpwfos

will do ive put pin connectors on it at the min just because i didnt wanna cut off the plug in case it didnt work and i couldnt find my crimping tool anywhere so used pliers to squash the pins flat and pushed them in as far as i could i had it like this for 2 weeks with no eml light but when i did the air inlet mod i got the eml light after this so asumed it was the air temp sensor but i had already removed and re fitted the cheater so maybe the pins hadnt pushed back in far enough so im on the hunt for my crimp tool tomrow and push the pins all the way into the plug and see if this works

cpwfos

the work so far anyway

Attachments

• S7002353.JPG
    S7002353.JPG
    875.8 KB · Views: 377

cpwfos

a bit mad this but anyone else notice the ARL thats formed in my cig smoke that the ca-mera flash has highlighted :wtf:

BURT150

did you meen to do that then? lookin very nice (y) . what made you choose to route the outlet from the tank back into the intake? what dose it sound like with that cone filter on it?

cpwfos

if you zoom in on the pic you can see iton the blue pipe between the cone and the billet connector its hard to see on this pic

cpwfos

i routed it back to the inlet to maintain the breathers original purpose but with the catch tank now taking then oil element away it works better and looks good :) the cone sounds great on gear change and setting off you get that great vacuum noise that you only get when you remove the air filter and rev it sounds even beter with this set up now aswell

pottsey

BURT150 said:
All good then (y) . I might treat myself to a cone filter and see how i get on with it.

you'll love the sound of a cone i know i do ,not that i can hear it much ,hear it mainly when changing gear .im thinking of going the other way with mine and going back to a standard airbox just to see how it performs

cpwfos

once i get this eml light off am gunna go back to the dyno and see what power i get with the new inlet and the pre cat removed and compare it to the last figures (y)

BURT150

pottsey said:
you'll love the sound of a cone i know i do ,not that i can hear it much ,hear it mainly when changing gear .im thinking of going the other way with mine and going back to a standard airbox just to see how it performs

Its gotta be worth a try i got bored the other day and drilled a couple of holes in my airbox. it sounds awsum :D so i might go for a green cotton filter and make up an aluminium enclosure for it with a BIG cold air feed.

cpwfos

i was thinkin of the enclosure and cold air ducting also once enclosed my mate was tellin me that some people have a temp reader in the closed off bit to monitor the temp of the air that goin in to the filter you just feed it back into the cabin and you can keep your eye on it and adjust your cold air feed to get the coldest air

BURT150

cpwfos said:
once i get this eml light off am gunna go back to the dyno and see what power i get with the new inlet and the pre cat removed and compare it to the last figures (y)

It would be nice to see what sort of effect it has on performance. have you thought about polishin and porting your T/B?

cpwfos

i ahve thought about it but by the work you have done on yours it looks like you need alot of patience something i lack :D

pottsey

BURT150 said:
pottsey said:

Its gotta be worth a try i got bored the other day and drilled a couple of holes in my airbox. it sounds awsum :D so i might go for a green cotton filter and make up an aluminium enclosure for it with a BIG cold air feed.
ive got a 76 mm cold air feed on mine ,left the bottom part of the airbox in and sat the cone in there
ai293.photobucket.com_albums_mm47_jaycalellvic_DSCN0248.jpg